Is this ok?

Ghosted-Barra

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is ok to take your multis with something like a morning slimfast shake, or if they would be better off for dinner? The morning slimfast or protein shake is tons more convenient for me. Thanks

No!!!! Whatever you do...don't do it then!!

Seriously though, yeah that's fine. I take mine with my pre-WO meal in the AM.

I take it with my protein drink in the morning if I dont eat breakfast (cuz im in a hurry) Thats not a problem.

No, taking your slimfast shake at any time would not be ok. You came to the right forum, now take some time to learn the game.

I was gonna comment on the slim fast...I would def switch that up. I know you said its more convenient but try your best to eat some breakfast. Wake up earlier if you have to. Anyway..it only takes like 5 minutes to make an omelet with some spinach. Or....there's a thread floating around on how to make a poach egg in the micro...takes about a minute...cant get easier than that.

Muscle Milk > Slimfast. Slimfast is mostly just marketing hype built throughout the years. Even for weight loss, a lot of protein and MRP supplements on the market are far superior.

Even Slimfast's "high protein" RTD is loaded with just as much sugar as protein.

What would be good for something in the mornings if you dont eat breakfast?

Like mentioned...Muscle Milk..or some type of protein drink...you can also throw stuff in there....spinach...oats...berries...things like that. But anyone here will tell you that whole foods are superior to shakes so try to eat some breakfast whenever you can. Have you checked out the FAQ by any chance? There's some good info in there.

Yes, WF is the best route... and alternative would be a "super shake

I was gonna comment on the slim fast...I would def switch that up. I know you said its more convenient but try your best to eat some breakfast. Wake up earlier if you have to. Anyway..it only takes like 5 minutes to make an omelet with some spinach. Or....there's a thread floating around on how to make a poach egg in the micro...takes about a minute...cant get easier than that.

But eating 1 egg per day will surely kill you in the long run, dont you watch the news bro!! :rolleyes::icon_chee

But eating 1 egg per day will surely kill you in the long run, dont you watch the news bro!! :rolleyes::icon_chee

LOL! Oh yeah, forgot about that.

TS: Dont eat eggs!!! Your gonna die! :icon_chee

*Please dont take that seriously*

1 Can of peaches/pears + 1 cup of Cottage = delicious and protein filled way to start the day.

Warning: I'm going to nitpick.

In the future can you start threads with titles a tad more descriptive?

My everyday morning meal takes no more than 5 min.

Get yourself a blender. You can get one cheap at Walmart or Target or something like that.

Ingredients:

- Plain Quaker Oatmeal (not the instant sugary crap, plain organic or even steel cut dry oats)
- Water
- 1 Banana
- Frozen Fruit ($5 or so at any grocery store)
- Protein Powder
- Yogurt (optional)
- Milk (optional)
- Organic Apple Sauce (optional)
- EVOO
- An Egg (optional)
- Greens + wild berry burst
- Liquid Centrum Vitamins (optional)

Alright all you need to do is add One cup of oatmal to the blender. Turn it on and let it blend until it is basically a powder, shake it around if necessary to get everything blended evenly.

Turn the blender off and add 1 cup of frozen fruit, between 8-12oz of water depending on how thick you want it. ( i do not like milk in the shake because I think it tastes a little off) Then your other wet ingredients like the EVOO, a raw egg if you like, liquid vitamins, apple sauce, yogurt banana etc.

Turn the blender back on and give it about a solid minute of blending. Then add the greens powder and protein powder through the top as the blender is running. This just makes easier blending of the powder.

Turn it off and enjoy!

my personal recipe is 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup frozen fruit, 2 scoops of apple sauce, banana, greens +, vitamins, occasionally an egg, protein powder, evoo and water. it does not taste amazing but it certainly is not bad. you have pretty much all you need to get your morning going and it is transportable so you can drink it on your way to work or whatever.

enjoy. Bj Penn does a very similar shake, you can find it somewhere on his website.

Back