Is This Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulmeHardy**

Green Belt
Reaction score
So when im training, whether it is gym work, swimming or BJJ water or any liquid for that matter seems to turn to a kinda gummy substance in my throat makin me feel worse than before i drank it, and tho im not fit at all and still smoke weed like a motherfucker i feel this shit aint normal(plus dry mouths a bitch when rollin).

So any opinions.

Maybe my shitty eating habit has something to do with it.
For instance today all i had was a soup and a packet of Quavers.

Hard to say without knowing what you're eating, and if you're staying well hydrated.

How much water are you getting a day?

Are you describing mucus of some kind, or more like a film?

My instinct would be to tell you to drink more water, all day long (a gallon + a day), and cut back on (or even eliminate for a bit) dairy.

Hard to say without knowing what you're eating, and if you're staying well hydrated.

How much water are you getting a day?

Are you describing mucus of some kind, or more like a film?

My instinct would be to tell you to drink more water, all day long (a gallon + a day), and cut back on (or even eliminate for a bit) dairy.

Its kinda like a mucus.
And like i said with regards to my eating............I dont really do that - i dont like food so i kinda only eat at the last minute -somedays its just a coupla packs of quavers and some protein drink.

Its kinda like a mucus.
And like i said with regards to my eating............I dont really do that - i dont like food so i kinda only eat at the last minute -somedays its just a coupla packs of quavers and some protein drink.

Try drinking lots of water.

I used to do endurance events, and what you're describing sounds like what I'd get towards the end, or if I wasn't staying hydrated enough.

Also, make sure you keep that PH balanced, and getting those electrolytes. I looked up "quaver" and got a cheesy snack. Is that real cheese, or fake cheese? If there's real cheese in it, and that's a lot of what you're eating, I'm not surprised you're gumming up.

(1) The connection between dairy products and mucus is an old wives tale. Monkster, are you an old wife?
(2) TS, you're an anorexic pothead, which doesn't even make sense, even if this particular problem isn't related, stop. Less drugs, more food.
(3) There's a relationship between sweat production and mucus prodution. For some people it results in excessive mucus production. See a doctor, he may be able to presribe something to fix it. Even if this isn't the reason, go see a doctor.
(4) Go eat either (A) a large Pizza, (B) A tonne of chinese food, (C) a full scottish breakfast, or (D) all of the above, before posting again. I mean christ, I feel ill just from you describing how little you eat.

Also if you smoke alot of bud you need to hock that shit out and spit it out when you are working out. When your body heats up it tends to come up and sit at the top of ur throat, cough it up and spit it out. Also drink more water overall, smoke less bud or smoke in a healthier way (blunts are the worst).. a dirty pipe is pretty bad too... bongs are betterrr vaporizers r besttt

I smoke a good amount of bud and I find that I get basically partially resonated mucus. It sucks but I just cough it up and get it out and then I feel fine. Normally I always do it in the morning when I am brushing my teeth the toothpaste residue like binds to it and I have to get it out or I feel like I have crap in my throat all day.

Its kinda like a mucus.

I don't even know what to say here. You don't deserve help of any kind until you've tried helping yourself. But I'll be nice.

Here is what you are going to do:
1. Go to the grocery store and buy a bag of frozen peas, some frozen salmon and some potatoes. A gallon of milk to go with that, and some kind of quark or cottage cheese or something white and protein-ey.
2. Boil the potatoes with the peels still on them. Wash them first.
3. Thaw and fry the salmon in a frying pan. Add some spices that you like.
4. Put the frozen peas in hot water until they're completely thawed and a bit hot. Pour out the water, keep the peas.
5. Put all of this on a plate with a couple of spoonfuls of quark/cottage cheese/greek yoghurt. What you are looking at is some classic Swedish cuisine. (Though I realize it's not exclusively Swedish, you probably eat this all the time in the states as well)
6. Eat the entire plateful. Drink milk with it.
7. Go outside. Without smoking. Take note of how your body feels - capable. You're not tiring quickly. You're light on your feet. Four hours or so later you still feel like this - you're not nauseous or mucusey or tired or anything. You feel like you did when you were a child.
8. Do this every fucking day until you don't need to do anything but eat to feel good. This is what I did. You're headed the wrong way, son - I know what's down there and it's nothing you need or will want to keep with you.
9. Thank me later. Cheque accepted.

So when im training, whether it is gym work, swimming or BJJ water or any liquid for that matter seems to turn to a kinda gummy substance in my throat makin me feel worse than before i drank it, and tho im not fit at all and still smoke weed like a motherfucker i feel this shit aint normal(plus dry mouths a bitch when rollin).

So any opinions.

Maybe my shitty eating habit has something to do with it.
For instance today all i had was a soup and a packet of Quavers.

Based on your diet, I'm guessing your body is trying to convert the water into some form of nutrition. Unless it was 6AM when you wrote this you need to eat more!

Hopefully it is not cancer related to your smoking........

Milk does not encourage mucous production but it can increase the bacterial count in your mouth and change the ph of your mouth and stomach.

Both of these issues can be mitigated by hydrating better.

I smoke a *TON* of weed, my cardio is good to great despite that, but on days when I haven't had enough water I feel like crap when I work out - including the perpetual needing to clear my throat sensation that actually causes me to gag if I don't cough it up.

Part of it is my lungs stripping any foreign matter from the cilia when I breathe heavily for an extended period of time, part of it is dehydration and part of it is that my physiology despises cow's milk.

If I smoke earlier and give it more time between bong hits and working out, as well as drink a gallon of water throughout the day I exercise I feel a million percent more capable.

Lol - Monkster - we both hit 24 posts back to back in the same thread. Weird.
That meal sounds amazing btw - learn to love food. If you don't like to eat it is either because you have an eating disorder or you simply don't know what you like or how to prepare food you will enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back