Is this normal behaviour?

LiveRice

White Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys here shaved your legs? I do and a few guys in my gym told me it was gay. When my instructor heard me talking about it he called me over and told me not to discuss this stuff in the gym or I'd have to leave. Is this normal? He's given me dirty looks the past few days.

I think he's mad because I've trained wrestling and I beat one of his favourite purples. I'm just a two stripe blue mind you. I've been training almost 2.5 years.

Does anyone else's instructor act like this? Does anyone else here shave their legs?

No, but I do shave my back, it has really improved my shrimping technique.

I shave my legs, It just feels better grappling. But that is strange about your instructor, you should ask him if he has an issue about something you did. If it is about you beating one of his higher belts, i wouldn't want to train under him. Good luck, and it isn't gay to shave your legs man.

Fuck em. If you feel it improves your game or if it provides less irritation...who the hell cares.

But I would probably keep a low profile about it. If you still want to train at this gym, I wouldn't do anything that would ostracize you

shaving legs, painted toe nails, eye liners is a big no no!

shaving legs, painted toe nails, eye liners is a big no no!

whats wrong with painting nails and shaving legs? the grapling community is pretty homophobic i guess

its kind of ironic because we roll around with sweaty guys

whats wrong with painting nails and shaving legs? the grapling community is pretty homophobic i guess

its kind of ironic because we roll around with sweaty guys

It is not ironic, why would someone shave their legs, paints their nails and put eye liner to train with sweaty guys?

It is not ironic, why would someone shave their legs, paints their nails and put eye liner to train with sweaty guys?

i dont wear eyeliner but why would i change what i wear that doesnt affect my bjj game just because people like you are homophobes and think its gay

i dont wear eyeliner but why would i change what i wear that doesnt affect my bjj game just because people like you are homophobes and think its gay

So you only shave your legs and what about toe nails?

So you only shave your legs and what about toe nails?
i paint my finger and toenails black. im sure eddie bravo would laugh at you guys because he does the same and hes better than 99% of this forum at bjj

i paint my finger and toenails black. im sure eddie bravo would laugh at you guys because he does the same and hes better than 99% of this forum at bjj

It's truly never a troll thread until Eddie gets mentioned!

i swear its the same guy making all these troll accounts/threads
can some1 ban his ip?

I am missing the point of the thread.

Are you gay and you are saying that EB is gay as well?

Really? You joined Sherdog today, and decided that this was going to be your first and only post?

He has like two other posts outside this thread but they're just garbage posts, he's definitely trolling

Back