Is this legal move in MMA

hand over mouth? yes
back breaker (if that's what it was? i cannot really tell) yes. check out Salaverry v Doerkson (sp?)

Yep. I've submitted someone like that before. You first do a nice body lock around their abdomen then cover the mouth and nose as best you can. They'll freak out. You can still technically get a little oxygen in there but not enough that you need.

the part where he slaps the other guys leg? Thats a tap out. It is legal. It means you are giving up basically. It tells the ref to stop the fight.

Last edited:
Lol legal. But most pros would never tap to that... Even with one arm trapped

You have to be a really novice to tap out to something like that. You can still breathe just fine with someones hand over your mouth and nose... just try it on yourself.

Last edited:
It is legal but if you let someone get you in the position to do this to you they should be allowed to yank down their shorts and teabag you infront of everyone because you're an idiot.

People do it from top control just to get their opponent to move their arms from a defensive position

legal but the reason nobody tapped out to it yet in mma, is because you have to be a bitch to tap to that. Maybe we will see it in women's mma, but you'l never see a man tap to that.

As long as you don't stick your fingers in their mouth or nose, it's legal.

Yep. I've submitted someone like that before. You first do a nice body lock around their abdomen then cover the mouth and nose as best you can. They'll freak out. You can still technically get a little oxygen in there but not enough that you need.

hahah I absolutely would freak out. Possibly to the point of temporary insanity <45>. When I was a kid and people would do shit like that to me or jump on my neck in a pool to force my head underwater, I would always spaz out and hurt someone without even realizing I was doing it.

I would've headbutt that guy in the nose with the back of my head. Not that that's a good thing. It's not but I wouldn't be able to control myself. The guy who tapped actually reacted pretty tamely. Good for him.

I would've headbutt that guy in the nose with the back of my head.
That's the first thing that came to my mind as well. Would rather lose a point or get DQ'ed than tap to that.

hahah I absolutely would freak out. Possibly to the point of temporary insanity <45>. When I was a kid and people would do shit like that to me or jump on my neck in a pool to force my head underwater, I would always spaz out and hurt someone without even realizing I was doing it.

I would've headbutt that guy in the nose with the back of my head. Not that that's a good thing. It's not but I wouldn't be able to control myself. The guy who tapped actually reacted pretty tamely. Good for him.
You can't head butt in a grappling contest. Or an MMA contest for that matter. Just tap. No shame in it.

It is gay as fuck, but legal.

Along with oblique kicks and foot stomps, taking away from the validity of the "Sport".

legal but the reason nobody tapped out to it yet in mma, is because you have to be a bitch to tap to that. Maybe we will see it in women's mma, but you'l never see a man tap to that.
Conor would tap to it

Back