Is this inconsistency in the Quran evidence that it is man made?

meauneau

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
(4:82) If it [Qur'an] had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction.

1. (9:71) The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another.
2. (41:31) We (Angels) are your protectors in this life and in the Hereafter.
3. (2:107) Do you not know that... you have not besides Allah any protector or any helper?

Therefore the Qur'an is not from Allah?

All I know is that those assholes following it, sure are murdering a lot of people.

I'm no Muslim apologist, but if contradictions in the holy books are suddenly a dealbreaker, then every religion is gonna need to close up shop. Not just the snack bar.

Wasnt the Q'ran written by Muhammad?

As oppose to what, the bible? The book that has been re written more times than a Charlie Brown cartoon strip.

I'm no Muslim apologist, but if contradictions in the holy books are suddenly a dealbreaker, then every religion is gonna need to close up shop. Not just the snack bar.

The Qur'an claims that it has no contradictions/inconsistencies, for if you found any then the Qur'an isn't from Allah. My first post shows an inconsistency.

Also, there are man made books which contain no inconsistencies. Are they also from Allah? Lol.

Wasnt the Q'ran written by Muhammad?

But it was the pure word of god. He was just a vehicle, or something like that. Apparently he wasn't even literate.

The biggest critique against the Quran being legitimate is the claim that Christ wasn't crucified, 600 years after the fact.

Inconsistencies like that are sometimes only so on the surface. You'd have to understand the context and meaning of the passages in order to get a good handle on whether or not it could be considered a contradiction.

The Qur'an claims that it has no contradictions/inconsistencies, for if you found any then the Qur'an isn't from Allah. My first post shows an inconsistency.

Also, there are man made books which contain no inconsistencies. Are they also from Allah? Lol.

Yeah and the Christian book says thou shalt not kill, and yet if someone has served other gods, then you shalt stone them with stones until they die.

And the Jewish book says the highest form of wisdom is kindness, but it also says if a non-Jew has fallen into a crevice, then it's okay to take a ladder away from them.

And if you're a Scientologist, well please don't make me read L. Ron Hubbard right now, but let's just all assume there is some bullshit in there too.

Yeah and the Jewish book says thou shalt not kill, and yet if someone has served other gods, then you shalt stone them with stones until they die.

And the Jewish book says the highest form of wisdom is kindness, but it also says if a non-Jew has fallen into a crevice, then it's okay to take a ladder away from them.

And if you're a Scientologist, well please don't make me read L. Ron Hubbard right now, but let's just all assume there is some bullshit in there too.

Fixed.

Inconsistencies like that are sometimes only so on the surface. You'd have to understand the context and meaning of the passages in order to get a good handle on whether or not it could be considered a contradiction.

I can't see how one could reconcile the claim that muslims and angels help muslims and the claim that muslims and angels do not help muslims. The claim is put forth and then retracted.

I can't see how one could reconcile the claim that muslims and angels help muslims and the claim that muslims and angels do not help muslims. The claim is put forth and then retracted.

I think it would depend on what kind of protection was being referred to in each passage.

I think it would depend on what kind of protection was being referred to in each passage.

It wouldn't change anything, any kind of protection is protection. And if it isn't specified then it should be taken as protection in general.

It wouldn't change anything, any kind of protection is protection. And if it isn't specified then it should be taken as protection in general.

I've heard some say that god protects muslims through other muslims and angels. But this leads to further contradictions and absurdity.

New Testament hipster.

serveimage

this is something that is misusing the context of the word 'protector' in arabic. the words wali/auliya can have the following meanings:

Wali - protector, helper, friend, guardian, supporter etc

Auliya - lords, gods, protectors, helpers, guardians, supporters

so when god says he is the only wali vs the believers/angels being wali, the meaning can change. to me its kinda like how in english there is The Lord (God) and the lord in the castle.

Back