Is this fake news or it has been announced and I didn't see? (Pettis vs Tony at UFC 230)

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's fake news but I was just browsing the Wikipedia page :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_230
"Anthony Pettis vs. Tony Ferguson is scheduled to headline the main event."

Have I been hiding under a rock, or some Sherbro edited the Wiki page? ;)

EDIT// no longer there. Guess it was super fake, as expected. Either way, a fun match-up!
Edit2// it's real after all!

Last edited:
That would be retarded.

Diaz is a way bigger name than Tony.

But WME has done tons of dumb shit so who knows

I think it'd be a good fight and would definitely keep Tony fresh. Big upside obviously for Pettis he's been bouncing around for a bit. Its hard to remember he choked out Melendez and armbarred Bendo not so long ago.

Plot twist, TS is the Sherbro who changed it so that he could start a thread. Tf searches Ferguson or Diaz on wiki. No one, that's who.

I think it'd be a good fight and would definitely keep Tony fresh. Big upside obviously for Pettis he's been bouncing around for a bit. Its hard to remember sometimes that he choked out Melendez and armbarred Bendo not so long ago.

Ferguson just needs to wait for the Connor vs Khabib winner, he deserves it!!

I hope not. Pettis would get obliterated if Tony comes in healthy and has no issues with his knee.

"Pretty sure it's fake news but I was just browsing the Wikipedia page"

Well, there's your answer.

When was the last time a non-title fight headlined a PPV?

Tony has one foot out the door. Anthony perez will lock the door

Anyone remember outside hammer?

I hope not. Pettis would get obliterated if Tony comes in healthy and has no issues with his knee.
No issues with his knee? That would a pure fantasy scenario. When ur knee goes you go with it. Its his own fkn fault thinking his outrageous training regimine would be consequence free.

Id take Ferguson by TKO but man... would not count Pettis out.

He looked great against Chiesa

I like both guys but I'm loving Pettis when it comes to his ground game lately. Him and Ferg on the mat would be great

I actually want to see Pettis vs. Ferguson. That sounds like it could be a ton of fun.

Tony Ferguson would beat both of the Pettis brothers at the same time.

Back