Is this due back technique or bad equipment?

N00bLifter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Here is my problem.

I have used my shin gear for some time now. Two years ago I trained 4 times a week (which was more a conditioning type of training). Took a long break because I didnt have a school nearby. Now I am back at it since a couple of week. Lots of sparring. I still use my "old" shin gear. Which was pretty cheap at the time (Bought a whole set including gloves, back, shin gear, balls-protection for 50 euro to give you an idea of the quality)

This is what happens with my shin gear. It slides off.
Not sure how to describe it better.
When somebody gives me a low kick and I block, it slides down and I have to, clumsy, correct it to the right position which takes away flow during sparring and technique training for me and my training partner.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong or is this because the shin gear is getting to loose?

If I need a new pair, what do you suggest I look for?
Is the brand MUAY good?

Temporary fix- wrap athletic tape around your leg and shin guard. You are gong to have to get some new ones eventually.

I like my fairtex shin pads, personally.

Temporary fix- wrap athletic tape around your leg and shin guard. You are gong to have to get some new ones eventually.

I like my fairtex shin pads, personally.

So it's the shin guards?

Thank you for the help!

Just get new shin guards.

I used to have the same problem. I got a pair of top kings, they stick to my shins as if I glued them in place.

Back