Crime Is this because of racism while also driving racism?

Do you have data that takes this into account? Because these all seem like factors that could be controlled for in a sample set
There's plenty of research out there. That's how I learned it. It's doesn't originate with me.

Yes, white and black and others, right?

13% of the population commits 50% of the murders... not staggering?
Correct, not staggering.

Crimes like stealing (money for bills/food), sure, but murder?
I used to think that way too, then I watched The Wire and also took a look at my own job.

Very VERY rarely are these murders cold, calculating, killings just for the sake of killing someone. Usually it's the result of something else. Beefing like idiots over drug territory, home burglar gone wrong, a fight between transients over a tip jar where one gets punched and KO'd and smacks their head ont he sidewalk and dies later sorta things.

"Say, if he kept doing this, why'd you guys keep letting him hang around?"
"Man, this is America, gotta give them a chance right?"

peEheIn.png
giphy.gif

Intro to Sociology tells you poverty breeds crime, not the other way around.

Unless you want to push Jim Crow era propoganda that black people are just inherently blood thirsty and violent. I know that’s what TS is doing. Pretty funny to see how many posters who long for “the good ole days” will repeat this rhetoric.

@panamaican putting in work, as per usual. This thread was close to being a true dumpster fire but I think you've saved it.

Do you know the definition of victim? I'm confused.

I’ve never seen this photo. Legit laughing out loud. RIP, sweet prince.

That's him with members of the Dixon City Bloods. He was extremely adored by gangsters in Toronto, especially in the west end.

Is this the "blacks are bad with money" thing?
IMO, when you look at rates and percentages, it forces you to ignore important parts of a problem. IT may be true that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate but how about when you look at raw numbers, geography etc etc etc.

Most race issues are actually class issues, which is why we can't solve them. Poor trashy white people commit crimes, just like poor trashy blacks.

IMO, when you look at rates and percentages, it forces you to ignore important parts of a problem. IT may be true that blacks commit crimes at a higher rate but how about when you look at raw numbers, geography etc etc etc.

Most race issues are actually class issues, which is why we can't solve them. Poor trashy white people commit crimes, just like poor trashy blacks.

You also have to consider the details of these statistics.

There are 8,000,000 people in London. 13% of them are black. That is 1,040,000 black people.

There were 116 murders last year. "Almost half" of them were black people. Let's just round it up to half.

So out of one million forty thousand black people, there were 58 murders? That means .005% (.00005) of black people in London commit murder if each of those murders were committed by a different person. So obviously murder is not a big problem in the British black community, or some trend that needs to be examined. That is simply not an alarming stat at all.

That doesn't mean we can't examine the variables that lead to this type of criminal behavior. But based on those numbers, it's very obviously not their race that is causing it.

You also have to consider the details of these statistics.

There are 8,000,000 people in London. 13% of them are black. That is 1,040,000 black people.

There were 116 murders last year. "Almost half" of them were black people. Let's just round it up to half.

So out of one million forty thousand black people, there were 58 murders? That means .005% (.00005) of black people in London commit murder if each of those murders were committed by a different person. So obviously murder is not a big problem in the British black community, or some trend that needs to be examined. That is simply not an alarming stat at all.

That doesn't mean we can't examine the variables that lead to this type of criminal behavior. But based on those numbers, it's very obviously not their race that is causing it.
Property crime numbers I've always felt are a better metric of how poorly different segments are doing economically among other things.

Back