Is this an accurate or false statement?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is it true that men see themselves as way better looking than they actually are while women tend to underrate themselves?

This is an old article that is popping up today and its talking about men thinking are way better looking than they actually are.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...201507/when-men-arent-good-looking-they-think

My personal feelings are that looks are important but looks and attraction can be separate as well. I have been attracted to women who were average looking or a bit overweight while having no feeling for a conventionally good looking women who were thin or fit. Of course my opinion doesn't reflect the majority of opinions and for all I know, looks and attraction are a packaged deal for most.

Reactions: Zer
Men who rated themselves as more attractive were more likely to rate others (both women and men) as more attractive. Women, on the other hand, showed no such difference.
200.gif

I'd say there is some truth to it, but nothing is ever clear cut regards to this.

This is true, and it's makes sense evolutionary.

Men care more about you actually look, and women care more about confidence--so each gender is using the appropriate strategy to attract mates.

This is true, and it's makes sense evolutionary.

Men care more about you actually look, and women care more about confidence--so each gender is using the appropriate strategy to attract mates.
Bingo.

Guy at work, head of security has been out of the office and I haven't seen him for a few days. He's confident as fuck and we flirt like fuck in not an obscene way, when he walked into my office earlier I melted. Probability I may not look twice about him if I saw him on the street.
His flirting with me is probably accent related and that I'm the only person here who looks like a woman, but holy fuck if in a different situation he would have been bending me over by now.

Bingo.

Guy at work, head of security has been out of the office and I haven't seen him for a few days. He's confident as fuck and we flirt like fuck in not an obscene way, when he walked into my office earlier I melted. Probability I may not look twice about him if I saw him on the street.
His flirting with me is probably accent related and that I'm the only person here who looks like a woman, but holy fuck if in a different situation he would have been bending me over by now.
Your husband sounds like a cuck

I love that part in the movie.

Once, in some college course, we were all asked who we aspired for be or something like that. As a joke, I referenced James Earl Jones’s character in Hunt for Red October. Nobody fucking got it. I was disappointed.

I love that part in the movie.

Once, in some college course, we were all asked who we aspired for be or something like that. As a joke, I referenced James Earl Jones’s character in Crimson Tide. Nobody fucking got it. I was disappointed.
Did you try talking while swallowing a burp at the same time? I find that helps with my James Earl.

Similarly, I was in a Women's Lit Class and after the rundown on the first day the teacher asked whether we had any questions. "Yeah," I muttered under my breath, "how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?"

Then one of the two other guys in class, he was sitting next to me, he leans in and insists, "YOU SECURE THAT SHIT, HUDSON."

And now we're married.

I think I probably underrate my physical attractiveness, I am aware that what a woman would be attracted to in me would not be my physical appearance (my 8 figure salary, razor sharp wit, street karate black belt etc)

Back