Is this a takedown @ 6:20?

Plus you held him down for 3 seconds or more.

It's a clear takedown.

Thank you! :D

looks to me like you got screwed by the ref.
And I really despise the guy in black. from the running away the entire first half, to arguing over a takedown where he clearly got ragdolled, to his lame little celebration at the end. clearly one of those people that wants a win rather than to prove they are the better grappler.

Hell Ya..LOL he was quite proud that he beat a brown belt! :rolleyes:

i would have scored it that way too. and a beaut of a takedown, no doubt.

Thanks! :D

Brazilian whining at a tournament? no way.

Never! :icon_cry2

Under IBJJF rules not only is that indisputably a takedown, I believe you would also have scored at 3:00 min. However I don't know the rules for the AGF.

Thank you! :D

Hell Ya..LOL he was quite proud that he beat a brown belt! :rolleyes:

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Even if you didn't get that takedown he hardly did anything the entire match, he didn't beat shit.

This is what's wrong with BJJ practitioners, they think that scoring more points than someone means something.

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Even if you didn't get that takedown he hardly did anything the entire match, he didn't beat shit.

This is what's wrong with BJJ practitioners, they think that scoring more points than someone means something.

More points means more dominant positional controlling. But, like any sport, the players can start to manipulate the game. It is annoying.

From a standing position it's basically wrestling until it hits the mat!

I don't think it is. If you lead with a single leg attempt and he counters with the DWL/Kimura lock as the defense and you take him down while he continues to hold the lock, you are on the mat for 7 seconds, you on top, him with the Kimura grip, he pulls his feet out scrambles back up and releases the DWL grip from standing, do you get 2 takedown points like you would in wrestling?

Or say be locks up a standing guillotine and you take him down, he holds onto the guillotine as you attempt to stall out/defend the grips for 7 seconds, he pulls his legs out and stands back up and then releases the guiloti e grip from standing. Do you get takedown points?

Back