Is this a McDojo?

L

LeatherWhip

Welcome to Calasanz.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/reCXfuuXcgQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/reCXfuuXcgQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The fellow in red's technique is pretty bad (look, for instance, at how stiff legged he is, and the resulting bad balance). Turning away from the punch (in the drill) is another bad no-no ... lot's of things like that. On the other hand, the heavy mace at the start is a great exercise, Indian (from India) wrestlers have been using it for centuries, and it does an amazing job of building up core strength - the mace I tried once weighed 20 kilos and gave an amazing workout.

Wow. It almost looks like this guy a bit of the Down's? And why does he sound like a 70 year old smoker who's had a tracheotomy? Love the tennis shoes though...uh...WHAT?!

Is this even supposed to be serious?

Its a real place thats been in my area for years. In the past 5 years though, he has exploded in growth and now has 10 different locations in the lower fairfield county CT area. Basically, because he has been around the longest, he has been able to benefit the most by a long margin, in comparison to other, legitimate schools in the area.

That guy is AWFUL!!
His traditional Karate blocks and strikes are terrible, his kata was hideous and his round kicks well..........you saw them!

I have trained in just about every art he displayed (Karate, Kung Fu, Muy Thai) and all his techniques were gross!

Mc Dojo? I think that term is being thrown around for any school that isnt amazing so I dont think it is a McDojo but I DO think the instructor kinda sucks!

That guy is AWFUL!!
His traditional Karate blocks and strikes are terrible, his kata was hideous and his round kicks well..........you saw them!

I have trained in just about every art he displayed (Karate, Kung Fu, Muy Thai) and all his techniques were gross!

Mc Dojo? I think that term is being thrown around for any school that isnt amazing so I dont think it is a McDojo but I DO think the instructor kinda sucks!

So you were not amazed by his sprawl against a much larger opponent? I don;t know if you had the chance to see the post just before yours, but he really has been opening up a new school once a quarter. it sucks because they have a good reputation, because the original school has been around for 20 years or so, while other places in the area with legit instruction are struggling to make it.

I'm not even a striker and my leg kicks back in day1 have better technique than this guy

So you were not amazed by his sprawl against a much larger opponent? I don;t know if you had the chance to see the post just before yours, but he really has been opening up a new school once a quarter. it sucks because they have a good reputation, because the original school has been around for 20 years or so, while other places in the area with legit instruction are struggling to make it.

Oh I didnt even notice that, sorry. I just thought it was being pointed out as a Mc Dojo bc the guy sucked. My bad!!!!

How in the world could it be a McDojo? They offer cardio MMA!

Back