Is this a joke?

JustBLEED123

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ufc searches the top talent every season in TUF and how did they end up with Jason Thacker and Wayne Weems? What’s your deal Dana?!

At least you got the goat selection in Andy Wang, cause when you look at Wang, you immediately think “wow what a warrior”

I'm sure the show producers had a hand in who to bring in to make for good TV. It's not all about who's the best. It's about who brings in the viewers.

That's why they keep Perry around and that's why I believe that the UFC being the A-Leagues is a joke.

I'm sure the show producers had a hand in who to bring in to make for good TV. It's not all about who's the best. It's about who brings in the viewers.

That's why they keep Perry around and that's why I believe that the UFC being the A-Leagues is a joke.

So, who's the A-League?

They intentionally cast a few clowns for comic effect and to make the real prospects look better.

Spoiler Alert: Most seasons of TUF are built around a handful of actual prospects and then a bunch of filler.

Decent read on Thacker here. TUF may not have ruined his life per se, but it sure as shit didn't help.

And yes, TS, they purposely found someone who they knew was not a top tier fighter and threw him in there with solid veterans like WEC vets like Leben, Sanchez and Swick.

(EDIT: maybe Sanchez was not a "WEC" vet...)

Only losers watch TUF.... just saying.....

Everybody here acting like this thread ain't from 2003ish.

I'm just wondering how a 2005 thread found its way onto the first page.

Had to look at the post date to make sure its not a necro bump.

Regarding Andy Wang, he is supposed to be a legit back belt in BJJ who neglects his actual skillset and ends up striking. There used to be a meme about him as well in regards to BJJ fighters who abandoned their grappling to strike. It was called:

wangaward3.jpg

Mike Bisping's TUF season was the only good TUF. Loved that they had to do subtitles for the Brits. Think there was a deaf wrestler that time.

Back