Is there something I can do to sweat less?

LemonHerbWRX

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not even sure if this is the proper place to ask the question but is there anything I can do to sweat less when I train as far as diet or anything? I have been training BJJ for close to two years now and after an hour of training my entire Gi is just soaked. I've lost 80lbs since I started training and I always thought as I got lighter that it would get less but it hasn't slowed down at all.

it's a genetic thing imo. there's people out there who are the same size as you who are wearing jackets and feeling fine when its 85 degrees out and then there's you who is sweating like it's nobody's business when its 75 out.

I also sweat extreme amounts when I'm training. However, I've noticed that if I drink at least a gallon of water per day, I sweat far less than if I don't. It is based mainly on genetics, though.

I kinda figured there wasn't too much to be done. I will try the water thing and see if I notice any difference.

Abnormally sweaty people who can afford it get botox injections in very sweat-prone areas like armpits etc.

If you're sweating a lot, then I would make sure to drink plenty of water so I didn't dehydrate. But IMO, I think how much you sweat is just how your body functions, not about what you can do to sweat more or less.

I have hear people talk about sodium intake affecting how much you sweat. Try to lower your sodium and see if it helps. I have the same problem and it is probably genetic like everyone else said. I have just learned to live with it.

I'm down ~105 since starting BJJ a few years back, and lost another 35 before even starting BJJ, and my sweat output seems to be exactly the same as it was at my heaviest, perhaps higher.

Oh well, I'll just have to embrace it as my natural defense against arm locks.

Back