is there really a need for 185?

I agree with the TS. Boxing goes from 175 to 200, and no boxer bitches about the 25 pound difference in weight classes. Any "natural" 185 could most likely drop down to 170, and the bigger guys would be fine at LHW. In terms of size, I honestly cannot tell a difference watching the MW's and LHW's fight. MW's look huge

most of the top fighters fought are going to fight in both 185 n 205.

wouldnt be better to have ww at 175, so smaller mw could make the weight, move mw to 195 or 200 n remove lhw at 205?

I agree with the sentiment it is getting a little ridiculous how many fighters are jumping between 85 and 205, but I think the most successful 205ers are tall monsters like Jones and Gus. I think it is fine as it is, though I'd say some MW's need to reconsider taking shots at 205. Jacare made some comments lately and while I am sure he would have success at 205, I think his size is more of an asset at 85.

Setting aside that the Unified Rules, not the UFC, sets where the cutoffs for weight classes are, the fact that more fighters are cutting more and more weight does not make MW shallow. Pettis, Guida, Siver, and Edgar can all make 145; that's not a reason to stop holding LW bouts.

The weekly weight division thread....it's overdue I guess

Not gonna happen. too much restructuring required. Its good as it is.

Back