is there really a need for 185?

I like it the way it is now but would be open to upping it to 190lbs and adding a cruiser weight of 191 lbs - 210 lbs, light heavy weight 211 - 230 and the heavyweight division to be over 231 lbs up to 270lbs. This would be benefit for guys like Cormier, Pat Barry, Brandon Vera, Jon Jones, Anthony Johnson (if he ever comes back the the UFC) and Matt Sera if he comes out of retirement.

Serra couldn't make 231lbs atm. By doing that, your HW division is left with Bigfoot, maybe Barnet 'cause he'd probably refuse to cut on the tacos and beer, and Serra.

No.......MW is needed. 205 is for natural LHW's and guys that are bigger LHWs and small HWs that cut down. There are a few guys that could fight at 205 from MW.....but most of the guys at MW went down cause LHW was too tough

I'd like to see a cruiserweight division instead. Maybe at 220 or 225 pounds. Something for the smaller heavyweights and large LHW like Jon Jones. Someone like Cormier would fit right in there too. I also see guys like Stipe Miocic doing well in such a division. It would make a lot of sense and could be one of the more exciting divisions.

Better than the flyweights.

They would have a solid division....,basically LHW would be split in 2 with the bigger guys moving.

TS that is a fucking stupid idea. MW should stay because not everyone wants to cut to WW or go to LHW, and MW is perfect for them. I think bisping is an awesome example. He wouldn't do amazing again at LHW but he could not make WW.-

I don't really care either way, but some part of me think it would be nice to cut a division.

Less weight classes = more competition within each weight class.

Maybe 175, 195 and heavy weight 250 max. How many of them are weighting in at 265 without having plenty of fat and water anyway?

Fighters will adjust. Some people here are saying: "What about those who weight 185." Well they can put up some muscles and go to 195 or lose some and go to 175. If they know in advance it will be easier to get to that weight. If there was a 178 division, some fighters would come in at 178. Now some gain weight, and some lose weight and everything is well.

And you get incredibly competitive divisions with more than 3 or 4 real contenders.

No.......MW is needed. 205 is for natural LHW's and guys that are bigger LHWs and small HWs that cut down. There are a few guys that could fight at 205 from MW.....but most of the guys at MW went down cause LHW was too tough

weight classes are not meant for fighters who are not good nuff for higher weight class

they are for fighters who are not big nuff.

so 185 would make sense if most fighters there were around 200 lbs, but thats not the case.

most of them are way over 200, they should be fighting in 205.

the reality is most mw n lhw are around same size.

better fighters choose to fight in lhw, while those that couldnt make it go to mw.

thats not the purpose of the weight class.

by eliminating 185, moving ww to 175 n lhw to 200 or 195

then you get

small mw going to ww

big mw n small lhw be in same division

big lhw staying at hw

People on this board constantly try to fix things that ain't broken.

Get rid of the women's. They should have their own league like every other sport, instead of mixing it in with the men's.

Although most people will call this a retarded idea there is a lot of truth here...People bounce back and forth between these divisions very often...Might increase the quality of fights to make them into 1 division

Not like a 220 pound heavyweight has a right weight class

weight classes are not meant for fighters who are not good nuff for higher weight class

they are for fighters who are not big nuff.

so 185 would make sense if most fighters there were around 200 lbs, but thats not the case.

most of them are way over 200, they should be fighting in 205.

the reality is most mw n lhw are around same size.

better fighters choose to fight in lhw, while those that couldnt make it go to mw.

thats not the purpose of the weight class.

by eliminating 185, moving ww to 175 n lhw to 200 or 195

then you get

small mw going to ww

big mw n small lhw be in same division

big lhw staying at hw

I see your reasoning and it's not like some here "small heavies have to fight Bigfoot not fair!". I think out of all the weight class suggestions this one is better (than dropping the flys or adding cruisers).

Dropping LHW 5 pounds would force those who cut 25+ pounds up to heavyweight (where those 230 mo fo's may as well be anyway) and allows any sub 205 pounder to make 175.

Then you have the spillover into LW as any WW not big enough to compete will have to cut to LW. Still somewhat plausible IMO.

Troll thread ? No one can actually think this is a good idea yo

If anything 205 is the redundant weight class.

I also somewhat agree. Most of the 205 elite are natural MWs, a real LHW is 225+ ripped, most men that size are just softer 240 heavyweights or non existent. The vast majority of men (90 percent) are 5'6 to 6'2, so you can see why the depth just disappears past WW.

Back