Is there no way to gauge the career or talent of a clean, honest Jon Jones?

Well, let's consider that since USADA, he has had ZERO impressive performances without failing a drug test. The guys who he beat without popping (OSP, Smith, Santos, Reyes), he looked like shit against and scraped out boring decisions. The guys who he barely beat, and arguably lost to would go on to get absolutely wrecked in their next few fights. Out of the 3 times he was scheduled to face a fat midget in DC, he tested positive. One of the times they fought was prior to USADA, so it's possible USADA would have popped him if they tested him for that fight too. A guy who was half a foot taller than his opponent and had TWELVE inches of reach on him was too scared to face him clean. Is that not enough to gauge Jones off of the juice?

Nothing that Jon does outside of the octagon affects his legacy. Look at the guys resume, nobody even comes close. This forum just has a weird hatred for Jones. Anderson Silva used steroids too and he’s regarded as a hero on here.

Nothing that Jon does outside of the octagon affects his legacy. Look at the guys resume, nobody even comes close. This forum just has a weird hatred for Jones. Anderson Silva used steroids too and he’s regarded as a hero on here.

Can you identify any poster who writes off Jones for roiding but praises Silva for doing so?

Can you identify any poster who writes off Jones for roiding but praises Silva for doing so?

I’m going to go out on a limb here and be a hypocrite and say that I dislike Jones for roiding and support Anderson Silva.

It may not make sense just Anderson has provided so many happy memories.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and be a hypocrite and say that I dislike Jones for roiding and support Anderson Silva.

It may not make sense just Anderson has provided so many happy memories.

So is it fair to say you dislike cheating in general but if the cheater is entertaining enough, you can appreciate it?

I hate Jones more than anybody but I'm not convinced he needed juice to accomplish anything on his rise to the top. He was that much better than everyone it was just outrageous.

However once he started partying and defending his title I think his morals went out the window and he probably used juice so he could make up for his new lifestyle. Of course this is all just speculation.

Back