Is there anything that offers immediate joint relief?

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I have been taking Glucosamine and Chondrotin for the past month now (as well as fish oil) but my joints appear to be getting worse. Short of Advil, is there anything else that offers relatively quick joint/tendon pain relief?

probably nothing over the counter, you would need a prescription for something stronger

I have been taking Glucosamine and Chondrotin for the past month now (as well as fish oil) but my joints appear to be getting worse. Short of Advil, is there anything else that offers relatively quick joint/tendon pain relief?

Ice. But like everything else, it's treating it symptomatically, not treating the cause.

cryogel. but I definitely agree w/ mike-- figure out what's causing it.

for me, it was a combination of running on hard pavement, the leg extension machine, and extending my knees over my toes when doing squat-type exercises.

also, made sure I wasn't wearing 5-year old sneakers to train in.

Ice. But like everything else, it's treating it symptomatically, not treating the cause.

Well, the source of much of my pain was working with my 1rm every workout (heavy singles). However, I have recently switched to an Oly style program that is "supposed" to have less impact on my body (although I question this claim).

While rest seems like the obvious answer, I always end up feeling worse after taking long durations away from training. It's as if everything feels much "stiffer" and I lose general mobility .

I feel so old :( (At the tender age of 23)

I've found that dropping any excess weight you may be toting around helps immensely in getting rid of joint pain. I've had it for several years and it's gone now that I've dropped 20 lbs even though I'm running about 20 miles a week and doin a circuit course regularly that includes those step things.

If you've got any excess weight, concentrate on losing that and I bet your joint pains go away soon after.

Do you eat dairy or grains?

I had severe inflammation in my right elbow and right knee ever since the age of 13 and it was the so severe that I had to quit playing baseball at age 16. My orthopedic doctor told me the only way to get rid of it was to have surgery. It turns out last year that I just happen read ER4YT and it states that Type Os are highly prone for inflammation and should cut out grains and dairy because of it. I was pretty skeptical but decided to give it a try and haven't had any inflammtion since. ZERO. I'd wish I had known this all along, I might still be playing baseball. I recomend you give this a try. I've pinpointed my problem down to all grains and dairy. Even whey protein(dairy) causes a flair up in my elbow if I eat it. Meats, fish, fruits vegetables, nuts......just my suggestion.

^^^Excellent point. Seek out sources of chronic, low grade inflammation, and increase dosages of omega-3s.

Plus, working your 1rm every workout is a 100% sure-fire way to chronic inflammation. You just can't do that, man.

as far as long term goes, any shark cartilage supplement is supposedly known to promote healthy joints

I've found that dropping any excess weight you may be toting around helps immensely in getting rid of joint pain. I've had it for several years and it's gone now that I've dropped 20 lbs even though I'm running about 20 miles a week and doin a circuit course regularly that includes those step things.

If you've got any excess weight, concentrate on losing that and I bet your joint pains go away soon after.

You raise an interesting point in that I carry alot more weight than my natural frame would allow. I tend to keep my weight between 220 and 230lbs (at 5'11), but the moment I stop lifting or keeping my diet up, I drop to about 190. While I wouldn't necessarily say the excess weight is fat, it is certainly not suited to my frame (despite my size, I can still circle my pinky and thumb around my wrists)

It just sucks that I might have to give up hard earned muscle to save my joints :(

P.S: I will also try and abstain from dairy and grain to see if that helps.

Thanks again for all the help!

seems like u already tried it but i figured fish oil, flax seed oil would do the trick

that type O / no grains dairy idea that matthias bought is interesting

seems like u already tried it but i figured fish oil, flax seed oil would do the trick

that type O / no grains dairy idea that matthias bought is interesting

I'm a type O, and it works for me also. Grains and dairy don't like me (although I can handle Raw dairy products).

I'll probably be grabbing some hemp protein powder soon.

Back