Is there anything Cain can do...

Silva and Barao were both favorites after getting whooped. Odds makers know what's up.

It was awesome seeing Cain's horrendous striking get exposed by a lifelong jiujitsuka to the point of Cain quitting and lunging into the easiest guillotine Verdoom ever got.

No he Cain't.

For the record Barao was a big underdog against Dillashaw in the rematch and Silva was the consensus greatest fighter of all time

it was such a lopsided fight that an immediate rematch has little appeal. have cain fight overeem or browne or someone. let jds fight werdum instead.

As I've been saying, Werdum is simply better at striking and grappling than Cain. There isn't much Cain can do. Cain is a bully, and his opponents fear his wrestling and GnP. Cain finally fought someone who he couldn't bully, because Werdum dared him to try to wrestle and GnP, and made Cain quit when he did. Cains striking and gas tank don't look so good when he can't bully his opponent.

the fights not going to happen he's going to pull out. I would bet my soul on this. no disrespect intended by this but we all know it's true.

When did I imply that's the entirety of the fight? The poster I was replying to said that Werdum was beating him when he was fresh which clearly wasn't the case.

For such 'domination', the significant strikes landed for each men was surprisingly close...
Hey RedHawks!
When will you issue an apology for belittling Werdum and his skills on this forum leading up to the fight? When will you admit to being dead wrong saying how great Cain is and how Werdum would be a cakewalk?
What happened to your HW GOAT?

Hey RedHawks!
When will you issue an apology for belittling Werdum and his skills on this forum leading up to the fight? When will you admit to being dead wrong saying how great Cain is and how Werdum would be a cakewalk?
What happened to your HW GOAT?

Red is a massive Anderson dick gobbler. He will have a billion excuses ready.

Velasquez is an excellent fighter, but Werdum is just better. Werdum has always been underrated, and it's an easy thing to say in retrospect, but the truth is Werdum was always the best grappler in the heavyweight division, and showed incredible strides in his striking during the Travis Browne fight (where he also was the underdog). He's become the total mixed martial artist, and showed in his last fight that he's completely figured out Velasquez as well. Werdum was beating Velasquez before Velasquez gassed out.

Werdum will be to Velasquez, what Velasquez was to dos Santos.

I wouldn't necessarily say Werdum is better, just that he's a lot more well-rounded. Cain is used to taking the fight to where he wants it and mauling guys there. Well Werdum didn't have any weaknesses where Cain could drag the fight to. He didn't want to take it to the ground and Werdum was good enough in the clinch to hang. Cain's cardio relies upon putting the hurt on guys and weakening them. He couldn't hurt Werdum, so he found his own cardio fading instead once he was constantly getting punched.

I still see JDS beating Werdum though. JDS is still the better striker, and though Werdum is better in the clinch, he isn't necessarily better at getting the fight there and keeping it there.

you are clearly a cain fan, which is cool, but i have an honest question.

if we assume that you are correct in that the 2 year layoff had a detrimental impact and that the elevation had a detrimental impact on cain's performance, how can you so blindly make excuses for a professional fighter that failed to perform or apparently train to extent that was necessary?

i dont wish to sound unkind, but i have had this argument with penn fans for years. he lost because he doesnt train, or wasnt ready or whatever. how can a person respect and follow a fighter that doesnt respect the sport or the fans or the opponent enough to properly prepare.

after watching countdown, you can clearly tell that cain wasn't in shape working out next to cormier

people like you will always talk shit...if he backs out of the fight, then he is a pussy. if he takes the fight he doesn't respect the sport....really, are u in the gym with him and know his health status? He is the the champion and had to defend his belt, sometimes u just gotta fight.

on a side note, mma is supposed to be reflection of real fighting. dude who wants to fight me over a parking space doens't care if i have a torn acl

Werdum comes from the same camp as RDA.
Whomever can beat RDA can also beat Werdum

The vegas bookies know what's up, not a single place offering Velasquez as the underdog. Cain fans seen this all before with the 1st JDS fight and it will be equally glorious when history repeats against Werdum.

Bookies had Weidman as the underdog going into his rematch against Anderson too.

Werdum is always hit and miss anyway. He looked great against TB and Cain but looked like shit against Hunt minus that flying knee. I just hope that if Cain beats that ass there isn't an immediate rematch or anything close to it.

I still think he has a chance with pressure and dirty boxing. If he manages to land on Werdum and wears him out he can even risk to take him down in the later rounds.

Can't deny Werdum's skills, he's definitely one of the greatest heavyweights out there but I think Cain can take him easily if he is at his best. I even believe Werdum can handle Jones. You just can't deny that the elevation, the layoff, the surgeries, and the two wars with JDS have not affected him. It's sad because Cain just might be the greatest that never was.

Werdum had him, but Cain came back like a man possessed after being flattened by JDS. This time I think he'll be really mad....

No,the outcome will be the same.Fabricio Werdum will remain a champion.

Cain winning would be the worst outcome for the hw division. It would be another year before another hw title fight, and that is being optimistic.

Back