Is there anyone who loves Anderson and hates Jones (or vice versa)

I used to be a pretty big Anderson fan, but I was very disappointed with the failed tests (same with Werdum). I never liked Jones, he a sad example of a shitty person that gets a pass just because of money and athletic sucess.

this.

While I agree with you about steroids and race not being the "only options", you then turned around and went race baiting yourself. You know, because as usual only white people can be racist, right?

You are kidding yourself if you think some of the fan overlap of Silva/Jones is not racially motivated. Same goes for GSP/Fedor, etc.
Ive even heard my black coworkers talk about rooting for certain fighters because they are black.

People naturally gravitate towards people "like them", whether it's skin color, religion, hometown, or even rooting for the "average Joe". Is normal.
That is fine. I'm not denying that. I just believe Anderson and Jon specifically are poor examples. Not to mention there is no data to support such claims. I'm not race baiting at all just saying facts.

Now if you personally knew a person who likes Anderson, Jones, Rashad, Tyron, Phil Davis etc., then you could make a case that they prefer black fighters and I would not argue. I never said only "white people can be racist" either so please don't try and stereotype me or put words in my mouth.

Could not possibly be because both Anderson and Jon have put on some of the most creative and entertaining performances in UFC history along with having a very high finishing rate in their early years and dominating their respective divisions for years.

Couldn't be that. It must be skin color and steroids. WTF. MMA fans can be racist but that is a stupid example.

If you want to find racism look at the 4 highest ppv sellers. Conor, Rousey, GSP, and Brock. Not much in common except one thing.
No one's ready to have this conversation yet! When they are please tag me in the proper discussion and I'll weigh in and give my best opinion as someone who spent a good bit of time running some numbers and research into the racial bias of mma and the fanbases as well!

Love Andy, despise bones...

Most of Jon’s “fans” are the same as mayweather fans, they only like him because he is labeled as the best and is undefeated... sadly we didn’t get to see it with money may, but we will see bones lose and when he does his very loud fan base will be sliced into a third of what it is.

It will be glorious.

cheaters with steroids trigger me. andy got popped but i wish he just came out and said it was for his broken leg. would have been a little justified imo. now both have tainted legacies. silva a little. Jones is off the charts and has no claim to be great.

Back