Is there anyone past or present you'd bet on in a scrap w/ Meng/Haku?

When I was a kid Bad News was wrestling in Calgary and I heard rumors then that he was legit tough, that he beat the snot out of a young Dynamite for being cocky. Same thing for Slater when I'd read about him in the wrestling mags, they portrayed him like a real tough guy bad ass. I was never impressed with what I heard about Harley until I got a bit older and realized that his lack of swagger was just confidence that he could always handle any situation.

Everyone likes to tell the story of Slater getting hot at Sting and sticking his head in the toilet. Paul Orndorff tells a better story of the future Mr Wonderful and his college roommate going down to the beach in Tampa. His roommate tried to pick up a girl in front of her boyfriend. Boyfriend commences to whoop roommate's ass and followed him back to the dorms. Future All-Pro for the Raiders, John Matuszak, wasn't allowed to come out of his room until he wrote an apology to Dick Van Slater... who then probably went home and did his homework like any other high school student.

Rude is an interesting one. In a few interviews I’d heard Barbarian would be the next toughest guy (yet still not on Haku’s level). I’d wager prime Kurt would stand a chance.
Jim Cornette said Gene Anderson put Barbarian on his knees making him say he was a pussy.

In a fair fight?

Even a relatively low level MMA guy like Matt Riddle, I’d imagine, despite the weight difference.

Inb4 yeah but in a street fight Haku would just bite his eye out.

The way likes of Jim Ross and Jim Cornette talk, they legit think Dr Death would beat Fedor and Danny Hodge would best Anderson Silva with ease.

Brock Lesnar would murder him. I can never get the fascination wrestling fans have with so called "tough guys" like Meng. Meng would have been a Harold Howard-level jobber in the early UFCs or worse considering at least HH had some credentials.
In a street fight? Getting his ear or nose bitten wouldn't have been his thing. There's tons of catch guys who have said the same thing.

He would have been ok in early ufc like Kimo is the best comparison but no rules is not UFC.
On a related note would recommend the book Shooters; the toughest men in professional wrestling

Last edited:
Frank Gotch, Evan "Strangler" Lewis, Akira Maeda and obviously New Jack would just stab him to death.

Is it funny to think Matt Riddle is probably one of the toughest (well, when it comes to actually able to beat guys) guys in the WWE.

Orange Cassidy
Put%2BHands%2Bin%2Bthe%2BPocket.gif

Brock, Bobby Lashley, and anyone else who has also competed successfully in MMA.

lesnar off the top of my head

Why doesn’t Haku ever get mentioned as a potential HOFer?

Why doesn’t Haku ever get mentioned as a potential HOFer?
Because other than being a tough motherfucker, he really didn't do anything. One tag run iirc, and maybe the TV title in WCW.

Edit: WCW Hard-Core title, not TV. Also a few championships in WWC.

Because other than being a tough motherfucker, he really didn't do anything. One tag run iirc, and maybe the TV title in WCW.

Edit: WCW Hard-Core title, not TV. Also a few championships in WWC.
KH1.jpg

He was a king!

Back