Is there anyone in MMA that has impressed you with their boxing

Hunt was not a typical boxer however. He was a freak of nature who was extremely strong and built like a tank - this probably helped him a lot in his MMA career as well. I remember him taking down Fedor and Overeem (helped him a lot against AO lol) and throwing Le Banner to the ground twice in their last K1 encounter.

A poor man's David Tua (and sparring partner).

??? I'm not even sure what you're asking. He made the point that if a person has the requisite skills, they will eschew personal preference and seek out the most money that can be made using said skills. To which I replied that fighters obviously do not prioritize money; they utilize their skills in the sport which they prefer, and which typically earns them enough money to train full time/survive. The argument that "all skilled athletes seek out high paying sports like basketball/boxing" is pathetic. This is like saying "anyone with a high iq utilizes it for money." It's simply not the case, and has never been shown to be the case. In fact, the most skilled people in the world, the most intelligent, the most physically gifted, are typically only concerned with testing themselves, regardless of money. I would reckon that most professional fighters would still train and fight if there were no money at all... but even if they were hypothetically capable of becoming a top boxer and making millions, they probably would opt for sticking with mma, so long as they weren't starving.

Secondly, most wrestling and grappling champs that I know of transition to mma because they realize that it represents the culmination of combat sports... has nothing to do with money.

Zuffa has just extended a job offer to this one.

He's going to be the guy to go into the locker room after each of the UFC shows to tell all the beat up fighters there that in fact, the stroy about the "UFC making a dozen millionaires a week" or whatever it was is bullshit, and "tonight, dear friends, none of you are getting paid, and we hope there's no hard feelings"......

A poor man's David Tua (and sparring partner).

Are you saying that Hunt sparred with Tua? I'd be curious to watch tapes of this
It's true i've always seen hunt as the tua of mma (pretty obvious comparison i guess)

Are you saying that Hunt sparred with Tua? I'd be curious to watch tapes of this
It's true i've always seen hunt as the tua of mma (pretty obvious comparison i guess)

Rumor I've heard:

Hunt sparred Tua for one day and quit.

Your comment about Chael/Anderson shows your complete lack of understanding of MMA. When Anderson is fighting someone who he knows 99.9% chances are he's going to go for a takedown of course he is going to get tagged more, because he has to adjust his entire stance/hand level/ movement for TDD. Compare that to someone who is never going to take a shot (like the forrest fight).

That is exactly the reason you can never truly judge someones boxing skills aside from general fundamentals, which even still you can't judge very well depending on who they are fighting.

Yep, the Sonnen fight is the only time I've seen Silva throw hands.

I understand you're a bit of a troll, but....Bitch, please. Silva against a top 50 boxer @ 185lbs (boxing of course) would NOT be a pretty sight for Silva fans.

Anderson's a far better Muay Thai fighter than he is a boxer. What he did against Forrest was something any top 50 pro could have done considering that in terms of standup Forrest is nothing but a brawler.

The majority of MMA fighters come from Muay Thai/Kickboxing backgrounds so no surprise that their boxing skills are not up to par. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad strikers, in fact some of them are pretty good. Shogun for example is a very good striker, he's got excellent kicks and a devastating clinch and overall MT skills. A good boxer? No but good striker overall? Yes. Likewise for Aldo, Crocop, Overeem with good MT/Kickboxing skills but not necessarily good boxing.

where do people get the notion that forrest is a brawler ? he was a long time ago, Not anymore. And every shot he threw that missed anderson was like an inch away from anderson's face

Junior dos
rampage
gomi
cain will get their
Frank mir not that bad
bj penn

forrest has good striking does he not ? and i'm asking people who can think past the anderson fight

Who said Noons was done. He just wreck Jorge with an good ass whipping.

Anyone hear Frank Shamrock say KJ Noons would like to challenge Mayweather or Cotto? I grinned.

Noons threw some nice combinations tonight though.

if only Toney can apply the same game plan as KJ..it will put a big smile on my face..but i doubt he can stop a shoot from Randy..

if only Toney can apply the same game plan as KJ..it will put a big smile on my face..but i doubt he can stop a shoot from Randy..

Noons had the help of a stupid opponent..lol

you don't try to outstrike an elite striker.. Randy isn't going to do that..he's going for the take down

Who said Noons was done. He just wreck Jorge with an good ass whipping.

I said he looked like a bag of shit in his last fight. He was in markedly shape, and he had a willing target in front of him. That boy got KTFO.

Still, the late punch @ the end of the 1st, and the illegal kick put some stank on it.

I would like to applaud K.J. for NOT continuing to beat the piss out of Gurgel after he was clearly incapacitated. I'd also like to punch Mauro in the cyunte for bitching about it.

I said he looked like a bag of shit in his last fight. He was in markedly shape, and he had a willing target in front of him. That boy got KTFO.

Still, the late punch @ the end of the 1st, and the illegal kick put some stank on it.

I would like to applaud K.J. for NOT continuing to beat the piss out of Gurgel after he was clearly incapacitated. I'd also like to punch Mauro in the cyunte for bitching about it.

BTW Noons hit Gurgel in the arms and not the face, pushing him back-really didn't do much damage, but the 2 KD punches did. (and KD in late 1st)

forrest has good striking does he not ? and i'm asking people who can think past the anderson fight

Forrest is just too slow man. It's like he's moving in quicksand. It's obvious in a lot of his fights, not just the Anderson Silva fight.

Back