Is there anyone here who ignored / actively disrespected the Pledge of Allegiance at School?

The pledge of allegiance is stupid. It was made by Francis Bellamy in 1892 when it was published in a youth magazine called Youth's Companion. He persuaded schools to implement the pledge, and more importantly, buy a bunch of flags from him. He sold flags to 26,000 schools. Congress adopted the pledge in 1942, and the words "under god" weren't added until flag day 1954.

The pledge of allegiance isn't mentioned in the constitution and has nothing to do with the history of the United States. It was a scheme created by a salesman to sell flags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance_(United_States)
https://www.usconstitution.net/pledge.html

I stood up and said it except for the God part. Eventually, I stood up and just said nothing once i realized you were just pledging to the billionaires.

No point in disrupting the entire class over my personal views.

I stood up and said it except for the God part. Eventually, I stood up and just said nothing once i realized you were just pledging to the billionaires.

No point in disrupting the entire class over my personal views.

Agreed. It's not a battle worth fighting. I think everyone on my class was always half asleep when it played so we all basically stood but nobody was reciting it or gave a shit

You said it perfectly, they're saying the words without any idea of what they mean. As for the first half of you saying that you say/recite it: do you still say it?? (Assuming you are out of school) because my post a second ago it's literally meant to brain wash impressionable kids who don't know what it all means
I said it at something 2-3 years ago but I can't remember what the event was. Probably something local, legal or political, they blend together after a while. It was a room full of mostly older white males (as these things usually are) and we were saying it before a meeting. For the life of me, I can't remember what we were meeting about, lol.

TS, in Cuba I refused to throw a flower in a river for a dead revolutionary called Camilo Cienfuegos and I was slapped as hard as possible across my face by my kindergarten teacher. Now that’s what I call cult like bahvior not standing up and putting your hand over your heart

I stood for the pledge because of many reasons including being grateful for this country. That wasn’t lost on me even in 3rd grade

As a person that comes from a military family my father didn't care if I participated and sing the pledge of allegiance. Most of the time I stood and sang along out of the tradition and respect.I tried to join the service so I can serve. But I started looking at the world differently and started to questioning things and . I felt like those that say "stand now for your pledge of allegiance to honor those that serve" don't do jack shit for the veterans and some even market off of this. I will stand I will support my fellow citizens and I will be a proud American till the day I die. But damn so many people get fucked over and left behind mentally and physically broken. That shit hits home and it hits hard. We are all not equal and to me that means we are all not free.

Virtually everyone in my class barely mumbled it when we had to recite it each morning. No one took it seriously.

As a person that comes from a military family my father didn't care if I participated and sing the pledge of allegiance. Most of the time I stood and sang along out of the tradition and respect.I tried to join the service so I can serve. But I started looking at the world differently and started to questioning things and . I felt like those that say "stand now for your pledge of allegiance to honor those that serve" don't do jack shit for the veterans and some even market off of this. I will stand I will support my fellow citizens and I will be a proud American till the day I die. But damn so many people get fucked over and left behind mentally and physically broken. That shit hits home and it hits hard. We are all not equal and to me that means we are all not free.

YES!!! Thank you!
I hear It all the time, especially about the national anthem, that it represents those serving!? I have this debate with my Marine friends all the time bc honestly they're probably the most brain washed about it than anyone. All respect in the world to those who serve and to their families but nobody is fighting for a song or for 3 colors on a piece of cloth. I find it beyond inappropriate to bring the military into the conversation as a way to justify. You're not 'unloyal/ungrateful' to the country or those who serve bc you don't care about a song

Which other country has such a creepy cultlike behaviour enforced on children?
I agree. Why teach children to love their country and appreciate the opportunities that it provides when you could just teach them to be a bunch of resentful little pricks.

I admit it...

I have sat in my car and dodged that damn bugle numerous times.

Got caught a couple times too.
Fuck... Sometimes you just dont feel like pulling over, getting out and saluting a general direction of a flag.

YES!!! Thank you!
I hear It all the time, especially about the national anthem, that it represents those serving!? I have this debate with my Marine friends all the time bc honestly they're probably the most brain washed about it than anyone. All respect in the world to those who serve and to their families but nobody is fighting for a song or for 3 colors on a piece of cloth. I find it beyond inappropriate to bring the military into the conversation as a way to justify. You're not 'unloyal/ungrateful' to the country or those who serve bc you don't care about a song
I always treated them as separate topics and traditions. I always wanted to serve so I joined JROTC in high school.There is where I would meet a retied marine sergeant major and a f-4 phantom pilot the marine is probably over 40 could't tell because he said "black don't crack" and I replied back we smoke it. He was a marine that seen action in Iraq and I think he seen it in Afghanistan you could tell he had PTSD the way he talked about certain subjects him and the captain always had different viewpoints. Sergeant was the only guy outside of my family that I told about my dreams. He replied back you gotta live a little son you wan't to fight and die for your country but depending on what you do you country won't have nothing to offer you. That made me think about how the pledge of allegiance is used as a tool and not a tradition.

I dont understand why people object so much to showing allegiance to your country. Im very proud of our country and very happy i live hear comlared to many other countries. I know we have problems but we are not as bad off as a lot of the world.

Basically, it's a matter of freedom. If you live in a authoritarian nation, you either obey aka pledge or die. In countries with liberty, it's free to disagree. Basically the pledge of allegiance pledges to the country. And the brains of the country aka the decision makers are the high officials. So if your high officials are wankers you are basically pledging to a wanker. If you like giving blowjobs that's fine; on the other hand if you don't then basically you are committed to making those wankers turn into wizards.

I dont understand why people object so much to showing allegiance to your country. Im very proud of our country and very happy i live hear comlared to many other countries. I know we have problems but we are not as bad off as a lot of the world.

Well said I 100% agree, some don’t know how well they have it

Basically, it's a matter of freedom. If you live in a authoritarian nation, you either obey aka pledge or die. In countries with liberty, it's free to disagree. Basically the pledge of allegiance pledges to the country. And the brains of the country aka the decision makers are the high officials. So if your high officials are wankers you are basically pledging to a wanker. If you like giving blowjobs that's fine; on the other hand if you don't then basically you are committed to making those wankers turn into wizards.
I dont know what country you are referring to but thats not how i view our pledge of allegiance at all here in the U.S.
I dont pledge allegiance to the politicians or even to the government, just to the country and the citizens of the country. Governments change slowly, politicians change frequently, so far our country has made it 242 years and is going strong. I dont see any problem with publicly declaring your allegiance to others that support at least the basic ideas behind the United States of America. Maybe im brainwashed though, i was in the military.

I agree. Why teach children to love their country and appreciate the opportunities that it provides when you could just teach them to be a bunch of resentful little pricks.
#EpicStrawman

6270654530_1430a42af3_b.jpg

The pledge of allegiance is stupid. It was made by Francis Bellamy in 1892 when it was published in a youth magazine called Youth's Companion. He persuaded schools to implement the pledge, and more importantly, buy a bunch of flags from him. He sold flags to 26,000 schools. Congress adopted the pledge in 1942, and the words "under god" weren't added until flag day 1954.

The pledge of allegiance isn't mentioned in the constitution and has nothing to do with the history of the United States. It was a scheme created by a salesman to sell flags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance_(United_States)
https://www.usconstitution.net/pledge.html

/

Brainwashed cult members spazzing out over a piece of cloth smh.

I have no time whatsoever for civil religion, cop worship or any of that stuff. These people get more triggered by a piece of cloth getting stepped on than 100 children getting vapourised. Actually a lot of the veterans probably vapourised a good few kids themselves and you BETTER respect them for that otherwise those kids would have to America and stolen your freedoms!

I never thought about it til just now but since the NFL fiasco, I bet kids have been doing this. Do they even do the anthem in schools?
I always participated. And I don't remember any of my classmates protesting the pledge at school.

But right now it's probably cool to do with Colin Kaepernick and the NFL players leading that movement the last few years.
No, they don’t do the anthem in school (except at sporting events). Pledge is said in the morning announcements. Little kids say it cheerfully without knowing what it means, big kids stand and mumble through it half asleep, just like always. Nothing has changed.
I member 2nd grade, "I pledge allegiance, to Miss Peterson's titties, and to the pussy for which it stands."
I went through grade school pledging allegiance “to the flag and Richard Sands.” That’s just the way I heard it when we learned it. I had a friend named Tom Sands.

I always wondered who Richard Sands was.

Last edited:
So do you still currently recite the plege of allegiance as an adult? Like do you do it in the morning when you wake up or when you get to work?
Yes

The pledge of allegiance is easy to recite.
It's just a chant and you can clearly hear all the words.

It's those damn songs that are hard to remember.
I still up to this day cannot sing My Country Tis of Thee.
The trumpet is always too loud in that song and I can't hear what the hell they're saying.

That particular brand of flag waving patriotism isn't really a thing here.
Growing up it would have been even more strange if the schools I went to made us sing the anthems of nations most of us weren't citizens of.

Back