Is there anyone here who ignored / actively disrespected the Pledge of Allegiance at School?

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which other country has such a creepy cultlike behaviour enforced on children?
bellamy-salute01.jpg

05146aa3b4db46180998633712d71aa5a3fd09.jpg

051a648e0b4c4d7101579dce7301a42880a1d1-wm.jpg

o-rly023.gif

I personally have ignored the pledge of alliance to the US my whole childhood.

I never thought about it til just now but since the NFL fiasco, I bet kids have been doing this. Do they even do the anthem in schools?

I always participated. And I don't remember any of my classmates protesting the pledge at school.

But right now it's probably cool to do with Colin Kaepernick and the NFL players leading that movement the last few years.

I refused to stand in high school. I was an asshole street punk kid upset over the Iraq War.

I was waaaay left back then.

I always participated. And I don't remember any of my classmates protesting the pledge at school.

But right now it's probably cool to do with Colin Kaepernick and the NFL players leading that movement the last few years.
I don't think it should be forced though.

I had an inherent and deep revulsion to the utter fucking creepiness that was the Pledge of Allegiance in Reagan's Elementary School America Cult. But I also thought it was really funny to "pledge allegiance to the :eek::eek::eek:" and "to the buttfucking, for which he stands."

After a while, they just preferred that I didn't say anything at all. #edgy8yearoldsinthe80's

I don't know the Belgian anthem. I don't care. They're now forcing kids to learn both the National and the Flemish (regional) anthem. It is horseshit discardable "knowledge".

I always said it.

One thing I've never done though is the hand over the heart while singing the national anthem. That's one I never understood for some reason.

I always stood with my hand politely at my side or like my right hand holding my right wrist (kinda like parade rest for those that were ever in like band or some shit.)

6338778039_7686be909f.jpg

I pretty sure we didn't Heil Hitler when we did it, but at the time I didn't flinch.
Personally I stand, remove my hat, and put my hand over my heart during the National Anthem, but I fully support those that use that moment for a time of non-violent protest.

We never said it in the schools I went to. Or if they did, it was pretty rare and I don't recall. I'm sure I'd have gone along with no fuss. I think it's right to owe allegiance to one's country.

I member 2nd grade, "I pledge allegiance, to Miss Peterson's titties, and to the pussy for which it stands."

Anybody forced to do the peace builder pledge too?

Peace%20Builder%20Pledge.png

or was this just my school? I live in Cali

I think we should ban the pledge and National anthem before games...it's fucking pointless and cult-like, and it just delays school/Sports games.

I mean seriously whats the purpose of it being in sports between American Cities? I could understand if it was some international game between countries.....but between American cities? It's so fucking stupid.

When I was kid (about 10 maybe), I was at a Lions football game and the National Anthem started. I didn't stand up right away and this dude behind me yanked me out of my seat and said "show some fucking respect". I realized at that moment how important this issue is to some people.

We used to do the Pledge and one of either the Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful every morning in class, I never thought much of it until I got older. Swearing an oath to a flag seems pretty low IQ. Flags only mean what you make them mean.

Swearing an oath to a flag seems pretty low IQ. Flags only mean what you make them mean.
If you want to replace critical thinking with slavish tribal symbolism, you gotta get 'em while they're young.

I have never sung the Swedish anthem and at the same time I have always found it interesting that Swedes are so anxious about not offending people by singing the anthem and wave the flag except for when it comes to sport.

Every morning all throughout k-12 or whatever. Kids mostly just half ass it. Kinda pointless in schools.

I always said it, hand over heart. Still do. Don't have an issue with anyone who doesn't. If I'm pledging allegiance to the country and the liberty/justice for which stands...part of that is pledging allegiance to the idea that it's ok when other people express their liberty differently than I do.

It's weird that people who are so insistent on others respecting the symbols of American values aren't as attached to the meaning of the values behind the symbols.

Do we want people to just say the words or live the meaning?

Back