Is there any way UFC doesn't book Aldo vs McGregor 2

If Aldo loses, he will not get an immediate rematch. Quote me on this.

The UFC hates Aldo for a plethora of reasons, they are hoping he gets removed from that belt because then he will become a lot easier for them to deal with. Once (if) he loses it, they won't let him near it again for as long as possible.

This is my feeling as well. The UFC has never really liked Aldo.

Aldo has 16 straight wins in Zuffa. He is the #1 P4P fighter in the world currently and the one of the best fighters ever. A lot of respect has been lost for Aldo. I think he deserves more. Zuffa cant deny him a rematch because "they don't like him"

They can and will.

If Conor gets destroyed, then it would make them look silly to have an immediate rematch. You can bet your ass they'll fast track him and give him feeders, though. If he manages to make it a close fight, then it's all but guaranteed.

The UFC hates Aldo for a plethora of reasons, they are hoping he gets removed from that belt because then he will become a lot easier for them to deal with. Once (if) he loses it, they won't let him near it again for as long as possible.

Probably correct, but if the first fight is a barn-burner and the buzz is big enough, with fans expressing no interest in seeing McGregor fight anyone else, it's possible that the UFC might cave and give it to Aldo anyway.

If Aldo wins, they'll likely give McGregor an immediate rematch, but it's also possible that they won't if the first fight is terrible and McGregor looks bad/is completely out-classed.

For the record, I would like to say I oppose an immediate rematch in all scenarios save for a draw or no contest. Immediate rematches are ridiculous IMO, and the fact that we now expect them--even before a fight happens--completely sucks. A win should actually mean something.

If Aldo wins in dominant fashion, I don't see a rematch happening.

bingo.

Everything is on the table. The only two things that will drive the decision making is 1) injuries and 2) profit.

The idea of rankings is a novel notion in this respect. They have no bearing on what gets booked, its more like something for super fans to talk about.

Jose will put Connor over. It's best for business. He won't get a rematch, either.

One or both of them could move up to LW after the fight. I personally can't see Conor wanting to continue dying to cut all that weight. He's got money now and he will have serious problems if he continues to try and make weight. I can't see him putting himself through the torture after an Aldo fight.

If Aldo gets KOed in like a minute there's no way he's getting an immediate rematch. If he lasts at least 2 rounds and makes McGregor look human, there will be a rematch.

This. The UFC wants a rematch, so if both fighters give them something to work with, then they will.

The UFC penchant for immediate rematches is my least favorite thing about how they handle match-making.

One or both of them could move up to LW after the fight. I personally can't see Conor wanting to continue dying to cut all that weight. He's got money now and he will have serious problems if he continues to try and make weight. I can't see him putting himself through the torture after an Aldo fight.

His fight with Aldo will be torture enough for him.
I see him losing and moving weight classes.

If Aldo wins convincingly, like tagging him for two rounds with a few takedowns then KO in the 3rd, then UFC won't rematch

If Aldo loses in any way then for sure immediate rematch
If Connor loses a decision where it wasn't GSP 50-45 caliber, then I can see them pulling some bullshit and giving it to him right away again

Aldo would certainly deserve it if he lost but he's not exactly the UFC's favorite son so maybe they will screw him over.

As a Frankie fan I get the bad feeling that regardless of the outcome of Aldo vs McGregor they are gonna book a rematch.

If McGregor wins it is basically guaranteed because of how long Aldo has been champ, if Aldo wins I think they have invested far too much into Conor at this point and will make an excuse why he wasn't 100% and book the rematch

Getting the feeling that even if Frankie beats Mendes he still isn't gonna get his title shot, might be time to seriously consider switching divisions, or he can pray Aldo or McGregor gets hurt before december

There will only be an automatic rematch, if the fight is very close. If conor destroys aldo, no, there will not be a rematch anytime soon.

Hopefully not. I can't stand another year of non-stop CM promotions and nuthuggery.

Aldo will make it very apparent that CM has a lot of work to do before he is gifted a rematch.

Aldo's next four fights:

1) McGregor
2) Frankie
3) winner of McGregor vs Mendes II
4) Da Bronx or Max Holloway

How anyone can think that aldo is going to beat conor in a standup fight, after watching how badly conor destroyed chad. The same guy that came within an eyelash of beating aldo. The only time chad was doing good, was when he was on top. On the feet, he got destroyed. totally destroyed. sure, he landed 1 punch for every 5 conor landed. but conor is just too dam powerful with a superior reach.

The fight against aldo, could actually go faster than with chad. Cause aldo isn't going to be taking conor down. And on the feet, nobody can beat conor. simple..

I honestly don't get how conor would deserve a rematch?? Is this real life? people on sherdog don gone full retard over conor its actually crazy haha.

If its like Machida/shogun1 then maybe I guess, but even then conor hasn't done enough to deserve the instant rematch

Back