Is there any submission inside the mount?

Rickson is known to have cross collar choke the guy on top.

In fact It happens to me once as well.

There's a mixture of toe-holds and leglocks that can be used when mounted.
They are very low percentage, though. And if there's striking involved, you better have a good chin to pull them off before you get KO'ed (because you're using your hands to attack, not defend.

And i thought it was Helio the one that was known for choking people out while mounted?

I mean a submission make by the one who is in the bottom.

I'll say no.

There are some leg locks you can set up, but you end up escaping as a part of getting them.

You need to be fairly advanced compared to the other guy in order to pull off a attack from bottom. Against guys near, at or above your level you pretty much need to escape first.

shit i thought he said guard, originally i said ezekiel nevermind

Last edited:
Like other people said, all I've ever seen are leg locks that are set up WHILE escaping. I tend to set up a heel hook from there fairly often if the guy has a sloppy/loose mount.

This new guy had me in a guillotine from bottom side so I mounted him. He kept the choke and reallllly cranked it, he's a very strong guy. It didn't work on me, but I could see an experienced/strong guy being able to do it.

[Tycho?];43499899 said:
This new guy had me in a guillotine from bottom side so I mounted him. He kept the choke and reallllly cranked it, he's a very strong guy. It didn't work on me, but I could see an experienced/strong guy being able to do it.

If all else fails dismount, he's not going to guillotine you when you are on top if you understand your escapes.

btw - instead of mounting, attack the arm that is around your neck. He's giving you a kimura ;)

you can hammerlock the guy if you are way stronger than him. or if hes dumb enough to let you get that kind of control on him.

Sloth squirrel is reffering to the post made in the submissions inside closed guard thread lol

It doesn't matter if it's possible to to pull off a 1 in 1000 submission from the bottom. You need to get the guy off of you first. Always remember position before submission.

Also, learn to English.

I get a lot of guys in heel hooks but its in transititon during the escape. Ive never tapped out anyone from the bottom....actually Ive never tried

I've seen kimura sweeps from inside the mount, collar chokes and I once saw an awkward little armbar.

I've seen kimura sweeps from inside the mount, collar chokes and I once saw an awkward little armbar.

Isn't it possible to do an armbar type move with someone on your back? I think you use your shoulder as a fulcrum.

Back