Is there any reason to believe Diego won't get his head splattered tomorrow night?

Pereira has 10 losses already. He is 1 - 1 in the UFC with his win coming against a Danny Roberts. If Sanchez cannot win this fight he seriously needs to consider another profession.

He needs to consider another coach and get a real training camp. Pereira is probably going to beat 7 shades of shit out of Diego and finish him in round 1, and that's mostly due to him not having a real team to help him prepare.

Also, he should consider going back down to 155.

If Diego gets Pereira down, I don't think he's getting up for the rest of that round.

Danny Roberts would also probably end Diego's life at this point. MMA math doesn't work and Connely is a legit talent

Connely is a weight class smaller and has done nothing of note other than let Peirera gas himself out with backflips. It was a cool underdog win story, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Other than "Pereira's going to gas himself out doing backflips, somersaults, cartwheels, ect." take a look at the interview below. It sounds to me like he's been training himself with no teammates whatsoever. Maybe it's just a smokescreen to get in his opponent's head, but this is Diego Sanchez and you can't put him in the box.

full

Face-off:

Media day interview:

Seriously worried about this guy.

No CTE jokes, please. This is serious business.

Diego looks soft and small. Pereira looks large, jacked and in great shape.

Pereira should win easily as long as he does not pull too much Daffy Duck shit.

He needs to consider another coach and get a real training camp. Pereira is probably going to beat 7 shades of shit out of Diego and finish him in round 1, and that's mostly due to him not having a real team to help him prepare.

Also, he should consider going back down to 155.

I totally forgot this fight is at 170. I agree Sanchez needs to fight at 155. I just looked at Sanchez's record, he was in his prime in 2009 -2012. I don't see this ending well for him.

Stylistically this might be a good matchup for Diego...

Connely is a weight class smaller and has done nothing of note other than let Peirera gas himself out with backflips. It was a cool underdog win story, but don't get ahead of yourself.
The fight was also on short notice and he showed off a well rounded skill set. Connelly is legit, wait and see
Danny Roberts is 6-4 (5-3 before Peirira fight) in the UFC, that's a legit win over a solid striker.

Prime Sanchez? murders this guy and finishes him in the 2nd.
Old man Sanchez? probably gets clipped and dropped brutally with a knee. Michal may be all flash but he hits hard as hell is super quick and surprises people.

Perreira had problems and lost to ...I cant even recall his name in his last fight. But he got out grappled and out worked, no reason why Diego can't do the same. He's still got a lot of heart. Perreira may catch him with something cool...but Diego can ground out a Dec here.

Because hes going to become champion and fulfill his destiny bro

The fight was also on short notice and he showed off a well rounded skill set. Connelly is legit, wait and see
Danny Roberts is 6-4 (5-3 before Peirira fight) in the UFC, that's a legit win over a solid striker.

Prime Sanchez? murders this guy and finishes him in the 2nd.
Old man Sanchez? probably gets clipped and dropped brutally with a knee. Michal may be all flash but he hits hard as hell is super quick and surprises people.

He looked like dogshit against a gassed fighter. Stop talking him up, you're going to look foolish when he flunks out of the UFC.

Even ignoring that fight, Pereira has lost to worse fighters than Sanchez. An early KO is pretty much his only chance at victory because Sanchez still has the wrestling and cardio to drown him.

If Diego can not be overly aggressive in the first or be able to put him on his back early. i think he has a good chance. Pierra is a can crusher who hasn't fought legit guys, no legit grapplers, especially.

He looked like dogshit against a gassed fighter. Stop talking him up, you're going to look foolish when he flunks out of the UFC.

Even ignoring that fight, Pereira has lost to worse fighters than Sanchez. An early KO is pretty much his only chance at victory because Sanchez still has the wrestling and cardio to drown him.
Dude he was completely undersized and good ground skills (pretty sure he's a brown belt) and his striking was looking clean mixing up punches and kicks very well.
I don't expect him to be champ but I also think he's going to keep his spot in the UFC for a while.

"looked like dogshit against a gassed fighter" Why couldn't Roberts do the same thing? he's proven to be UFC level. Sanchez has the tools to win but I don't think he will, he's just not as durable as before. I'm excited for this fight though.

Pereira is a really, really bad fighter. If Diego survives the first minute he will probably win.

He wrestle fucked Gall which is pretty impressive at this stage of his career, he's gotta shoot like his life depends on it, he's too slow at this point to even think about striking with a fresh Peirira.

Didn't he almost get finished by Gall?

Didn't he almost get finished by Gall?
Gall looked great in his fight with Sanchez showing some slick boxing and then he gassed extremely badly.
I don't remember Gall almost finishing but he was landing big and controlling it on the feet. I remember being more impressed with Gall than thinking Diego looked bad but i'd have to rewatch

Other than "Pereira's going to gas himself out doing backflips, somersaults, cartwheels, ect." take a look at the interview below. It sounds to me like he's been training himself with no teammates whatsoever. Maybe it's just a smokescreen to get in his opponent's head, but this is Diego Sanchez and you can't put him in the box.

full

Face-off:

Media day interview:

he seems fine to me, better than ever actually. Nothing to worry about, i like his chances and even if he foes get koed. He is at the end of his career.

Pereira's going to be worried about the take down. War Diego.

PRIME PICKS: UFC FIGHT NIGHT 167 ‘ANDERSON VS. BLACHOWICZ’

One of their picks was Sanchez

Easy win for The NightDream

Does Diego have training partners? I checked his Instagram and couldn’t find anything. It’s hard to imagine winning a fight if you haven’t actually been training properly. Diego has the skills to get this done and I was going to pick him, but this whole new coach thing doesn’t give me much confidence.
In the video he says Tristan Connelly is his friend and they have trained together for this camp and they have spoken about Perreria.

He also says he is a legend of the sport and can walk into any gym in the world and everyone will welcome him with open arms.

full

Face-off:

Media day interview:

Diego has legendary durability, and Perera is a glass cannon. imo Diego should be favored here.

Back