Is there any real MMA fans

There's only 2 kinds of MMA fans in this world: Just Bleeders, and those who wish they were. :icon_chee

Not sure if mma fans are the worst fans, but if your thread is any indication then they certainly have the worst grammar and spelling.
Hahaha I knew somebody would say that. I'm on my phone give me a break. My spelling was fine yes it might have been a run on sentence.

Sometimes I miss out on fights because real life takes over. Sometimes I miss fights because I am uninterested. Doesn't mean I don't like the fighter it usually means I don't know the fighter's history so to the story line of the fight and the fighter's style is a mystery to me. I always do catch up on results if I miss fights on sherdog. If "You shoulda been there" comes up in the forums, then I start to follow the fighter.

Sometimes I miss out on fights because real life takes over. Sometimes I miss fights because I am uninterested. Doesn't mean I don't like the fighter it usually means I don't know the fighter's history so to the story line of the fight and the fighter's style is a mystery to me. I always do catch up on results if I miss fights on sherdog. If "You shoulda been there" comes up in the forums, then I start to follow the fighter.

I'm talking about fans that miss fights because like u said life happens. Fighter bashing kills me though .

yep, me. UFC weekends are the best, look forward to them everytime. Love watching competition at it's highest level.

I must not be a real MMA fan. For that matter, I must not be a real fan of anything, if in order to be so I must enjoy everything put in front of me without question.

He didn't say you had to enjoy it all. Just give it a chance instead of bitching about an event that hasn't happened.

I'm talking about fans who love to watch fights no matter who is fighting they don't complain about watered down cards or injuries or ducking they don't say this guy is overated or he only won because this or that and all that stuff they just sit down on Saturday and watch the Action unfold and are happy about it. Because that's how it should be . I mean we have this awesome sport in front if us and its got the worst fans in the world.

I guess I'm not a true fan, because back in the day (probably before you were born) I was a huge Dan Severn fan and damn near shat myself over what I could best describe as a waltz!

There is good and bad in every fight card. Good and bad in most fights.

Sherdog is a MMA forum. We discuss MMA (and other contact sports) at this site. Thank God everybody doesn't love every aspect of every MMA event, otherwise Sherdog would be a terrible thing.

Now go to that thread where somebody ruined our Christmas morning posting a video by Matt Lindland of Phil Baroni body building lifestyle, and tell us how much you loved that.

Just kidding, I wouldn't wish that video on my worst enemy!:eek:

This pretty much describes me. I'm 35, married, have a baby, a career, a house, hobbies, friends that don't watch mma, etc. I don't actually wish I watched every mma event because there was a time in my life when I watched mma every single day. I don't feel the need to pay $55 for a card unless I'm really excited about at least 2 of the fights on the card.

I understand that with the explosion of mma in the last few years, this means I don't really know all that is going on, and there are undoubtedly a few fighters under my radar that are probably better than my favorite fighters. That's okay.

And in case anyone cares, fan since '96 haha.

Back