Is there any real MMA fans

I'm a real fan, I was pissed when I heard they were closing down strike force. Most fans were more than happy for strike force to close so they could see a few choice match ups but ill miss watching strike force because it was another league where names could be built up

im not sure i agree with you there, strikeforce was pretty fcking legit - and they had the middle child syndrome where they tried to impress - i went to a few shows, they were cheap, had elite talent on them, like hendo, diaz, fedor, etc. etc. and they stacked the cards - it was just a great show - seeing the number 2 is sweet bc they want it more, like an uglier girl who put on some winter weight

that was a sweet show, and in a way, its nice to have a few promotions to create some false hype - everyoen fights everyone in the ufc, which is sweet, but everyones 'hype train' gets murdered bc everyone is so tough

I went to a local MMA event several years ago. It was like watching peewee football. Sometimes fights suck.

Yes we are I find MMA fight so exciting I actually an adrenaline rush from watching fights some time it's incredible the only other sport I watch on a regular basis is college football go ducks!!!

I lived in Oregon for a year in Corvallis, so go Beavers. Eugene was for hippies.

I'm talking about fans who love to watch fights no matter who is fighting they don't complain about watered down cards or injuries or ducking they don't say this guy is overated or he only won because this or that and all that stuff they just sit down on Saturday and watch the Action unfold and are happy about it. Because that's how it should be . I mean we have this awesome sport in front if us and its got the worst fans in the world.

Me. I haven't missed a card or event in 4 years. I dont care who is fighting.

I must not be a real MMA fan. For that matter, I must not be a real fan of anything, if in order to be so I must enjoy everything put in front of me without question.

Theres been a whole lotta water in 2012 brothers. The complacent
fans shall perish into mediocrity and poverty.

MMA appeals to a very immature demographic, a demographic that primarily comes from WWE and not from other sports, so there is always going to be a conflict of interest and rationality.

UFC fans tend to root based more on personality and looks than they do actual accomplishments and that in turn will fuel the inability to see and judge things clearly.

UFC fans needs to realize that it's okay to say something like, "I hate so and so, but yeah, they're a really good fighter." That is perfectly logical. What isn't logical is when someone can't even admit that someone is good because of their extreme dislike for them. Think about how silly that is.
Well said sometimes that sucks that its that way but true I can't stand fighter bashing these are the best of the best

im not sure i agree with you there, strikeforce was pretty fcking legit - and they had the middle child syndrome where they tried to impress - i went to a few shows, they were cheap, had elite talent on them, like hendo, diaz, fedor, etc. etc. and they stacked the cards - it was just a great show - seeing the number 2 is sweet bc they want it more, like an uglier girl who put on some winter weight

that was a sweet show, and in a way, its nice to have a few promotions to create some false hype - everyoen fights everyone in the ufc, which is sweet, but everyones 'hype train' gets murdered bc everyone is so tough

They did have good talent but they also gave low tier guys a way to build up their name. Hopefully ufc doesn't buy up bellator and close it down as well

MMA does have some terrible fans, but I don't think complaining about watered down cards and injuries makes you one.

What does make the majority of MMA fans terrible, is the constant disrespecting of legends and the labelling of fighters of bums/cans, and the way that every fighter is 'overrated' according to sherdog.

Both you and TS pretty much nailed it.

They did have good talent but they also gave low tier guys a way to build up their name. Hopefully ufc doesn't buy up bellator and close it down as well

in my opinion, bellator isnt a competitor of viable size to ufc - i mean, its the only real other one to mention, but strikeforce had hendo, fedor, diaz, melendez etc. - i cant imagine another league having any talent anymore after this - and even if they do, no one will give them props unless they fight and are successful in the ufc - its pretty much over, in my opinion - ufc took over and has permanent hold - bellator could be bought, destroyed, or used as a farm system - they have all the options

Not sure if mma fans are the worst fans, but if your thread is any indication then they certainly have the worst grammar and spelling.

in my opinion, bellator isnt a competitor of viable size to ufc - i mean, its the only real other one to mention, but strikeforce had hendo, fedor, diaz, melendez etc. - i cant imagine another league having any talent anymore after this - and even if they do, no one will give them props unless they fight and are successful in the ufc - its pretty much over, in my opinion - ufc took over and has permanent hold - bellator could be bought, destroyed, or used as a farm system - they have all the options

Well they got a deal with spike instead of that horrible mtv 3 channel, now if they can just some more talent. Fedor will do

I must not be a real MMA fan. For that matter, I must not be a real fan of anything, if in order to be so I must enjoy everything put in front of me without question.
It ok man at least u know now .

thats pretty much me. I don't care who, I just like watching people fight and I always defend every "weak" card. The only thing I don't like is wmma

This is pretty much the same thing I was going to say. Good stuff..

Back