Is there any real MMA fans

liverkick83

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm talking about fans who love to watch fights no matter who is fighting they don't complain about watered down cards or injuries or ducking they don't say this guy is overated or he only won because this or that and all that stuff they just sit down on Saturday and watch the Action unfold and are happy about it. Because that's how it should be . I mean we have this awesome sport in front if us and its got the worst fans in the world.

thats pretty much me. I don't care who, I just like watching people fight and I always defend every "weak" card. The only thing I don't like is wmma

you should voice when cards are watered down, its pretty obvious when its one way or another - if you just buy anything and justify it, then in a way, you're kind of an idiot - you should buy what you like, but also voice your opinion, nothing wrong with that - the more stacked the card, the better - with that said, i think most of us will watch any sort of mma for free, its only when you have to pay where people speak up

as for overrated, underrated - yea i agree, people win or lose on any given day, esp in fights as close as junior / cain

finally, to use the word 'real' as 'agrees with me' is kind of childish - maybe come at it in a different way

Guess I'm a fake fan because I have bitched about cards a few times

you should voice when cards are watered down, its pretty obvious when its one way or another - if you just buy anything and justify it, then in a way, you're kind of an idiot - you should buy what you like, but also voice your opinion, nothing wrong with that - the more stacked the card, the better - with that said, i think most of us will watch any sort of mma for free, its only when you have to pay where people speak up

as for overrated, underrated - yea i agree, people win or lose on any given day, esp in fights as close as junior / cain

finally, to use the word 'real' as 'agrees with me' is kind of childish - maybe come at it in a different way

winner winner chicken dinner.. couldnt have said it better

MMA does have some terrible fans, but I don't think complaining about watered down cards and injuries makes you one.

What does make the majority of MMA fans terrible, is the constant disrespecting of legends and the labelling of fighters of bums/cans, and the way that every fighter is 'overrated' according to sherdog.

...more importantly, fans of the English language.

I agree with most of your post maybe my wording wasn't 100% correct but I am neither an idiot or a child I'm just a " respectful MMA fan"

I don't complain about cards before they happen. I might not always be happy about some of the performances like the first three fights of the last card. But generally speaking I'm happy just to be watching the fights.
Married with two kids and fights mean me going to a buddies house to hang and watch them with friends and brews.
If I'm watching them at home then its usually cause my wife and kids are in bed and I have some quiet time to myself.
So yeah I'm generally pretty content with MMA in general.

If so, they are bland people. Is there any sports fan who doesn't complain or hate?

MMA does have some terrible fans, but I don't think complaining about watered down cards and injuries makes you one.

What does make the majority of MMA fans terrible, is the constant disrespecting of legends and the labelling of fighters of bums/cans, and the way that every fighter is 'overrated' according to sherdog.
Well said that really what I was trying to get at though I do find it humorous that ur name is believe in chael

I'm a real fan, I was pissed when I heard they were closing down strike force. Most fans were more than happy for strike force to close so they could see a few choice match ups but ill miss watching strike force because it was another league where names could be built up

I'll watch and buy every card, and I enjoy almost all fights, even boring ones, but I do get more excited to watch fighters i care about or have big names.

MMA appeals to a very immature demographic, a demographic that primarily comes from WWE and not from other sports, so there is always going to be a conflict of interest and rationality.

UFC fans tend to root based more on personality and looks than they do actual accomplishments and that in turn will fuel the inability to see and judge things clearly.

UFC fans needs to realize that it's okay to say something like, "I hate so and so, but yeah, they're a really good fighter." That is perfectly logical. What isn't logical is when someone can't even admit that someone is good because of their extreme dislike for them. Think about how silly that is.

I agree with most of your post maybe my wording wasn't 100% correct but I am neither an idiot or a child I'm just a " respectful MMA fan"

nah i hear your points man - i know what you're trying to get across - you hate when people are so judgmental about fighters and when theya re so selective about who and what they watch, when the point is to appreciate mma, the sport, and to respect fighters

i get what you're saying - i only took exception w the weak cards thing, and only bc we have to pay for them, thast it

We are the world of MMA, we are the children
Yes we are I find MMA fight so exciting I actually an adrenaline rush from watching fights some time it's incredible the only other sport I watch on a regular basis is college football go ducks!!!

Would now consider myself a true fan as I now train and watch every fight on the card. Also never bitch on card until it's done. After events like UFC 149 then you can talk smack.

Back