Is there Any Part of MMA Cowboy is Better At than Pettis?

Skill-wise, Pettis is slightly better everywhere IMO. Cerrone has 2" of height and 1" reach though, he's lankier.

But we're splitting hairs either way. These guys are incredibly closely matched IMO.

Should be a great fight, if I had to make a pick I'd go with Showtime, but not with much confidence.

I think Cowboy has better bjj, but Pettis wins everywhere else. The bjj is pretty close though, but it's definitely the worst part of Pettis' game.

I have a feeling this will be a fairly one-sided fight. I'm taking Pettis by tko in the second.

Skill-wise, Pettis is slightly better everywhere IMO. Cerrone has 2" of height and 1" reach though, he's lankier.

But we're splitting hairs either way. These guys are incredibly closely matched IMO.

Should be a great fight, if I had to make a pick I'd go with Showtime, but not with much confidence.

I'd also add that Pettis has obviously better agility/speed/athleticism IMO. But yeah its a fight and no one said it would be an easy win for Pettis. Just think he is the better fighter overall.

I think he's a bit stronger physically, but not as fast. it's going to be an interesting fight.

Dead even fight IMO, could go either way in the stand up and both of them aren't slouches on the ground.

TS just mad Donald has 44 guns.

Pettis has a clear advantage standing

I actually think Cowboy has better takedowns and TDD at this point, while Pettis has a better scramble game - both are probably equally sick of their back.

Striking Pettis has better boxing and defense, probably better kicks - Cerrone's striking is not far behind overall, if at all, especially when he gets in a grove he controls distance surprising well and is an astute counter boxer when he needs to be.

Cerrone is the more well-rounded striker. He uses all eight limbs unlike Pettis. Pettis is the more powerful striker, however.

Cowboy has 13 submission wins and Pettis has 6 submission wins. I just think Cerrone is more submission-savvy than Pettis is. Doesn't necessarily mean that Cerrone is better on the ground.

Cowboy has better TDD, slightly better BJJ, and he has the longer reach.

Cerrone has a mean streak. i don't want to say he has better "intangibles", because everyone will point out the infamous Pettis kick, but something along those lines.

it's amazing how 1 LnP fight and the vast majority of mma fans have discounted or forgotten or underrated Pettis for years. i suppose they'll all come back, as they did for Shogun after Machida I

I must be the only one that thinks cowboy is going to take this. I think he has more experience on the big stage and Pettis is coming of a layoff and injury. I don't really see this going to the ground much if at all and with the exception of the Diaz fight, which he pretty much abandoned gameplan, his striking has looked great.

Back