Is there Any Part of MMA Cowboy is Better At than Pettis?

lildog

A Warrior's Heart
@red
Reaction score
Pettis via sub. Pettis has better striking and wrestling. He has the submission game off his back and the positional grappling edge IMO. Pettis will stalk Cowboy like he does most his opponents and outstrike him, hurt him, then submit him.

This is the most anticipated LW contender match up in years...some how these guys didn't fight in the WEC and now we get to see it play out. Who do you got?

Pettis has better bjj and wrestling. Barely scraping by Jeremy Stephens doesn't make you a great wrestler.

Pettis has better bjj and wrestling. Barely scraping by Jeremy Stephens doesn't make you a great wrestler.

I know Stephens is horrible and mma math works really well. :rolleyes:

He beat Bendo and took him down many times and outboxed him. Bendo is the champ and that says a lot. Not to mention KOing Lauzon isn't a big deal either right?

Wait what? are you saying that Cerrone just "barely" scraped by Stephens or Pettis just scraped by? :icon_conf

Cowboy has a better Ground game and Pettis has a slight advantage in the striking imo.

Cowboy has a better Ground game and Pettis has a slight advantage in the striking imo.

Better ground game in what aspect? Surely you include wrestling in the definition or grappling as in the most important part of it right? Pettis the better offensive and defensive wrestler plus he is as slick off his back as Cerrone IMO. Of course that last part is ill concede debatable but really i can't see a case to be made that Cerrone is anymore than slightly better than Pettis with submissions while Pettis is clearly better at striking than Cerrone. Certainly better at boxing, foot work, and as good or more powerful a kicker.

Cowboy is a better cowboy wearing a cowboy-hat than Pettis ever will.

Pettis via sub. Pettis has better striking and wrestling. He has the submission game off his back and the positional grappling edge IMO. Pettis will stalk Cowboy like he does most his opponents and outstrike him, hurt him, then submit him.

This is the most anticipated LW contender match up in years...some how these guys didn't fight in the WEC and now we get to see it play out. Who do you got?

I think Cowboy has better BJJ, and id say the stand up is a draw. Pettis has better wrasslin though.

I think this fight will be almost exclusively stand-up and I take Pettis there.

Cerrone has better killer instinct but I think this fight will involve grappling by Pettis. Cerrone is looking to kickbox and I think Pettis is looking to win no matter what, even if it means grinding the ends of rounds.

Or, they could just put on a K1 style fight and get FOTN.

I think it remains to be seen just who is better where.

I love this fight and am leaning towards Pettis... But to pretend that this isn't a really close fight is crazy... Cerrone is no chump and he's going to be a handful for Pettis no matter where the fight goes.

Dead even fight IMO, could go either way in the stand up and both of them aren't slouches on the ground.

TS just mad Donald has 44 guns.

Cerrone has better killer instinct but I think this fight will involve grappling by Pettis. Cerrone is looking to kickbox and I think Pettis is looking to win no matter what, even if it means grinding the ends of rounds.

They're both killers. But Cerrone has been mentally broken in a fight or at least let his emotions get to him (*Diaz)...Pettis not so much. Both are seasoned vets that go for the finish but yeah i can see this fight going everywhere or mostly being a kickboxing match. I don't think either will KO the other but i do think strikes lead to submission and it going in Pettis's favor b/c he is slightly better IMO at striking and wrestling with both having good chins and endurance.

I think it remains to be seen just who is better where.

I love this fight and am leaning towards Pettis... But to pretend that this isn't a really close fight is crazy... Cerrone is no chump and he's going to be a handful for Pettis no matter where the fight goes.

Never said he was a chump...not an idiot. What i've said in this thread is that PEttis is a better wrestler hence grappler and a better striker. The edge isn't by a huge margin but its there.

What makes you think that? Pettis almost never fights like that and a match-up like Cerrone is perfect for Pettis to show his dynamic skills which I highly doubt he will pass up.

Back