Is there any other performance as good as Cody's against a GOAT level fighter?

SherdogGoat

Platinum & Braco Belt
Banned
Reaction score
We are considering their first loss after reigning for a long time.

What Cody did was downright unbelievable. He toyed with Cruz, knocked him down consistently and gave zero fucks. I don't think I've ever seen such a performance against a GOAT level fighter before.

Werdum finishing Fedor was quick but not dominating.
Conor finishing Aldo was quick, not dominating over a couple of rounds.
Weidman finishing Anderson was a bit flukey and nothing compared to Cody's win.
Edgar's win over BJ was a close fight.

Jones, MM and GSP haven't really been beaten since their domination.

I think the only one's that come close are Holly finishing Ronda (Don't consider her a GOAT level fighter but she had that sort of aura before her loss) and TJ finishing Barao since Barao was considered BW GOAT by most at that time.

Nate vs Conor, second round of first fight.
Woodley vs Lawler, many thought Robbie would remain Champ for awhile.

TJ beating the brakes off Barao definitely was my first thought.

ThirstyGlossyAnglerfish.gif

Nate vs Conor, second round of first fight.
Woodley vs Lawler, many thought Robbie would remain Champ for awhile.

I don't think anybody has ever considered Lawler a GOAT level fighter. He was always in close fights and a round away from getting beat. Definitely GOAT exciting fighter though.

Conor vs Nate 2 wasn't a domination, though the finish was spectacular.

Bunch of fools up in this thread lacking the mental firepower even to read the OP.

Seems about right.

Sonnen against Silva 1st fight

Drug-assisted performances don't count.

I didn't expect that at all from Cody. I fully expected him to be the emotional, plodding boxer. Dom was the one who looked emotional walking out to the cage.
As the fight progressed, Cody put on a clinic. It was a hell of s performance. My hats off to the little fella with the C-collar.

This thread is about outclassing a fighter for multiple rounds. Take that Conor shit somewhere else
The question is
Is there any other performance as good as Cody's against a GOAT level fighter?
Aldo is a much higher GOAT level fighter than Cruz and Conor finished him in seconds.

Why outclass him for multiple rounds when you can outclass him and finish him in record time?

I mentioned Conor in the opening post. It was a beautiful quick knockout, it wasn't a dominating performance over multiple rounds. I mentioned Werdum quickly subbing Fedor also. Is that too hard to understand?

Back