Is there any good way to tell your S/O about anxiety?

Women should understand anxiety, they're full of it.
Tell her the problem in a way that conveys the issue, framed by your plan to address it. Women don't mind vulnerability but you have to have self assertiveness in the chamber because only women can be self indulgently vulnerable; men have to take action. (That's how they see it, trust me)

Its anxiety, not HIV.

She won't react poorly in any way or be less attracted to you.

If she does she is the one with issues.

Lot of folks in bad relationships ITT. Can't imagine being with someone for 5 years and hiding mental issues from them the entire time.

its sad, mental health issues tend to drive women away whether you disclose them or not.

romantic relationships are just hard. and the more i've been through, the less confident i feel in giving advice.

She'll rip your heart out eventually anyway, it doesn't matter.

I'm not bitter or anything.

The problem with disclosing your vulnerabilities to a woman is she'll find some way to use them against you in the future. Guilt-tripping, blackmail, shutting down an argument, etc. And whatever you tell her will be spread to all her friends in about 2 days

Everyone has some issue whether mental or physical. Nothing shameful about anxiety as long as you aren’t a pussy about it. Chicks don’t dig pussies. I was rational about it....”I’m not doing so hot right now and need some time” vs “Wah why me bullshit”. I’m fine now but did need the little blue pill for a year. My fight or flight was out of wack causing gad.

Been going through anxiety lately and got medication. Been a crazy year and i always downplayed needing meds. But going on a trip soon so felt I needed to do something.

Feels weird telling a chick about having anxiety bros.
If she is a good woman she will be understanding. This is a good test to see how she reacts.

Also, I thought I was in before the angry incels but, alas, I’m not.

Be honest with her. Odds are she already knows.

Man I have not found women to be supportive with mental health stuff at all. It's like they see it as a sign of weakness. Even girls I've dated that had their own mental issues (lol who am I fucking kidding, that's EVERY girl I've dated) weren't very sympathetic. But they expected sympathy for their shit.

I went through a bad health scare when I was with my ex-wife, legitimately thought I was dying for a while. Well I got slightly emotional about it one day, and it was like I could just feel her respect for me dropping.

But hey, your relationship may be different who knows. I wouldn't put a lot of focus on it, is all I'm saying.

Man I have not found women to be supportive with mental health stuff at all. It's like they see it as a sign of weakness. Even girls I've dated that had their own mental issues (lol who am I fucking kidding, that's EVERY girl I've dated) weren't very sympathetic. But they expected sympathy for their shit.

I went through a bad health scare when I was with my ex-wife, legitimately thought I was dying for a while. Well I got slightly emotional about it one day, and it was like I could just feel her respect for me dropping.

But hey, your relationship may be different who knows. I wouldn't put a lot of focus on it, is all I'm saying.
Bitches ain't shit.

Been going through anxiety lately and got medication. Been a crazy year and i always downplayed needing meds.

Medication for anxiety is a good way to go when other things have not worked. One thing though, depending on what you are taking, it will drive your libido down and make it difficult to get hard if you want to have sex. Read the side effect information that comes with the medication.

Been going through anxiety lately and got medication. Been a crazy year and i always downplayed needing meds. But going on a trip soon so felt I needed to do something.

Feels weird telling a chick about having anxiety bros.

Must not be very close if you can’t tell her about your problems. Of course it depends how long you’ve been together I suppose.

I find it best to be extra crazy right from the beginning.. so when I settle into my normal mildly crazy self, it comes as a great relief.

Women are anxiety personified but too many of them expect us to be macho fucks with no problems.

Back