Is there any good way to tell your S/O about anxiety?

Squall Leonhart

SeeD Commander
@Brown
Reaction score
Been going through anxiety lately and got medication. Been a crazy year and i always downplayed needing meds. But going on a trip soon so felt I needed to do something.

Feels weird telling a chick about having anxiety bros.

I would just be honest. My ex downplayed her mental health issues and because of that I wasn't very patient with a lot of the shit she pulled.

Be honest with her. Its not a garuntee that she will be empthatic, but trying to hide it will not end well imo. Lift the burden off your shoulders. Hope everything works out. Feel free to pm me.

How long have you been together? How much does she like you?

She might lose attraction for you, if you cry and act all emotional.

It's your call, bro.

Anxiety is a difficult concept for other people to wrap their arms around, let alone deal with someone who suffers from it. It takes endurance and empathy but mostly endurance.

When people are presented a problem or issue, you might want to go over some methods and scenarios in preparation, so when the time comes she knows a few tricks how to cope and react. Or maybe just get out of your way until the dust settles. I don't know what does it for you.

My girlfriend couldn't take the symptoms of my medication or mental health issues. She didnt understand that it wasnt that i didnt love her, and I drove her away. We became strangers, and I'm dead to her now.

We were together four years. TS be prepared to explain everything, or lose it
Don't expect her to empathize just because she loves you. If you arent clear with your symptoms, who knows how she will perceive it.

Good luck.

Try this: ‘hey _____ , I have anxiety’

Be sure to say this out loud and not in your head or anything like that.

Those meds will make it hard to bust a nut. Some people actually take them just to prevent premature ejaculation.

Be sure to say this out loud and not in your head or anything like that.
DUbb8Da.gif

These days people are realizing that way more people have issues such as depression and anxiety than previously thought.

I bet she will be 100% supportive.

Been going through anxiety lately and got medication. Been a crazy year and i always downplayed needing meds. But going on a trip soon so felt I needed to do something.

Feels weird telling a chick about having anxiety bros.

Is she your gf or wife?

How long have you been together? How much does she like you?

She might lose attraction for you, if you cry and act all emotional.

It's your call, bro.

5+ years

I have just tuned out and sat there like a log at times when i’ve been anxious. But no crying or emotions at all

I have anxiety, and my wife is an idiot about it. So when I get anxious we fight.
Tread carefully

Those meds will make it hard to bust a nut. Some people actually take them just to prevent premature ejaculation.

This is the second time I've asked you to post a pic of the face of your avatar! WTF!? lol

They have no effect on me. I'm over 40 and still a sexual savage. It's weird. But anyways... no effect.

They have no effect on me. I'm over 40 and still a sexual savage. It's weird. But anyways... no effect.
First time I took the pill. Had issues. His comment was 100% correct for me. Still can, but I literally have to force it with difficulty.

5+ years

I have just tuned out and sat there like a log at times when i’ve been anxious. But no crying or emotions at all

Tread carefully.

Women are hypergamous. Hypergamy doesn't care.

I know a lot of men would like a "soul mate" that will love them no matter what and will be there when they are weak. But, women want a strong, dominant man.

"Honey. I have a serious condition. Every time I don't get a BJ for 24 hours, I develop severe anxiety"

Whether it's true or not, that's how you tell her

Do it the easy way and act very nervous and awkward in front of her. She will get the message.

Back