Is there any future for wind energy?

EyeOfNewt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Specifically in regions where other more efficient ways of producing energy are present.

As long as it's subsidized. It's a net loss if they had to sustain themselves. Same for solar.

As long as it's subsidized. It's a net loss if they had to sustain themselves. Same for solar.
Why are they subsidized then? Is it purely for research? to look good in green age? Seems like a lone hydroelectric dam produces more energy than entire wind mill parks

No, nuclear is objectively the best we have now, and we won't have anything close to it for a long time.

No, nuclear is objectively the best we have now, and we won't have anything close to it for a long time.
Then why do govs pour money into wind turbines? Is it some trick to fool the world by masquerading as green supporters? Is it perhaps too soon to tell?

Tbh, i'd be very worried about nuclear energy. After Pripyat and Fukushima, i'm not quite ready yet

Wind farms keep popping up so they must be doing something right. Here in California solar is the preferred method, it's become quite profitable actually.

Then why do govs pour money into wind turbines? Is it some trick to fool the world by masquerading as green supporters?

Yes. There's massive amounts of money to be made by having the masses buy into the climate change myth.

What about sun energy?

Most people don't realize solar cells have a shelf life. The amount of energy harvested by a cell over its entire lifespan doesn't amount to the cost of its production. https://energyinformative.org/lifespan-solar-panels/

Yes. There's massive amounts of money to be made by having the masses buy into the climate change myth.

Most people don't realize solar cells have a shelf life. The amount of energy harvested by a cell over its entire lifespan doesn't amount to the cost of its production. https://energyinformative.org/lifespan-solar-panels/
Lol damn. I was considering wind turbine technician but if you're telling me this is a con, i'm out..

Why would there not be a future? Is it going to stop blowing in a few years or something?

I know wind is better in certain areas than others (Scotland off shore is apparently killing it) but I don't think it's going anywhere. And don't give me that "subsidies" shit, you know how much oil is subsidized? The entire US military industrial complex is basically one giant oil subsidy scheme.

IMO the future is going to be some of everything, wind, solar, tidal, hydro, nuclear, and inevitably still fossil fuels. Too many political and technical hurdles for one alternative to replace all the others for the foreseeable future.

Why would there not be a future? Is it going to stop blowing in a few years or something?

I know wind is better in certain areas than others (Scotland off shore is apparently killing it) but I don't think it's going anywhere. And don't give me that "subsidies" shit, you know how much oil is subsidized? The entire US military industrial complex is basically one giant oil subsidy scheme.

IMO the future is going to be some of everything, wind, solar, tidal, hydro, nuclear, and inevitably still fossil fuels. Too many political and technical hurdles for one alternative to replace all the others for the foreseeable future.

Do i have your blessing to proceed as wind mill tech?

Yeah but if you get a limb chopped off or something don't come crying to me.
Fuckrn A
RmCiiiA.gif

Back