Is there an illegal move more stupid than the 12-6 elbow

I'm not against 12-6 elbows.

I'd imagine that there would be a lot of fucked up eyes if this move was allowed.

Even if it's the same strength, I think a strike like that would really fuck up your eyes if it landed dead center.

Also, fuck oblique kicks. The biggest bitch move in MMA.

I don’t know man. Straight up lethal...

80402d12190a6f7b60c74fa0c22ca12c.gif

I'd allow 12-6 elbows, knees/kicks to downed opponent and cage grabs.

No eye gouge, no groin shots, no head Burts. Everything else legal. Also no decisions as well n no wimmens...... 2 men enter 1 man leaves.

They should allow oil checks.

Let them bang, bro!!!

I hate the cage grab rule. It's violated almost everytime a takedown is attempted against the cage, but rarely inforced and almost never penalized. It's a cage fight, but illegal to grab the cage?

No evidence it's more powerful than a regular elbow and there are positions where it's one of the preferred moves to do (like situation eddie alvarez was in). You think you can't break ice with a knee or a kick?

Sure, keep knee stomps legal but outlaw this.

It is a stupid rule but I can't help but think the real reason it's illegal is because thrown that way the ball of the elbow would fit right into the eye socket which I can only assume would be pretty bad.

Just a theory though

The strangest part of the Eddie - Dustin incident is Eddie looking at his trainer, who is telling him to throw an illegal elbow, so he throws the shittest elbow I have ever seen. Hits Dustin right in the shoulder doing absolutely fuck all damage, and he winds up losing the fight because of it.

Ridiculous series of events

No evidence it's more powerful than a regular elbow and there are positions where it's one of the preferred moves to do (like situation eddie alvarez was in). You think you can't break ice with a knee or a kick?

Sure, keep knee stomps legal but outlaw this.

Yes. Upkicks (while laying on your back) to the face of a "grounded" opponent is illegal. It's stupid. Soooo fucking stupid .

Back