Is there an illegal move more stupid than the 12-6 elbow

Bear Trapp

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
No evidence it's more powerful than a regular elbow and there are positions where it's one of the preferred moves to do (like situation eddie alvarez was in). You think you can't break ice with a knee or a kick?

Sure, keep knee stomps legal but outlaw this.

Nope. Came from some dumbshit who thinks Van Damme movies are real life

Absolutely agree. It's a completely irrational and ridiculous rule.

Per Dustin.

"The elbow actually landed on my shoulder,” Poirier said during his post-fight interview. “It didn’t hurt me at all. It felt like a normal elbow, I’m not even sure.”

I want them to make the 12-6 elbow legal just so I don't have to hear Rogan explain why it's illegal for the 600th time.

Female fighters should be allowed to fight topless.

Diversity•Equality• Unity

I do agree that the rule is totally ridiculous, however... regardless of your opinion it is not allowed under current rules... so an experienced, top-level fighter the likes of Alvarez surely should not be getting caught out using illegal strikes? He can hardly argue that he doesn't know the rules.

I personally feel that the 12 to 6 elbow feels weaker than other variations

I think the "Downed Opponent" rule needs some tweaking.

So many fights have been marred by this ambiguity.

one of the stupidest rules in MMA

I think the "Downed Opponent" rule needs some tweaking.

So many fights have been marred by this ambiguity.
I always think it's crazy when a term like this isn't specifically defined. If I was 12 and started a backyard wrestling club with friends, I would've defined the rules more clearly than this. So strange in a professional setting to have any doubt whether something is legal or not

this kinda shit makes me miss pride. I always wondered whod be the best after seeing guys like mark coleman take dudes down and knee their skulls in. Wrestlers woulda been much more feared.

Stupidest rule is no knees or kicks to a grounded opponent because it changes the sport the most.

Amen, makes no sense. oblique kicks much more dangerous, still allow that shit

Matt Hamill loves it.....

I always think it's crazy when a term like this isn't specifically defined. If I was 12 and started a backyard wrestling club with friends, I would've defined the rules more clearly than this. So strange in a professional setting to have any doubt whether something is legal or not

Isn't a downed opponent just classified as a fighter who has his hands on the mat?

If your hand is on the mat, you're technically "down" and your opponent canno't utilize kicks or knee strikes.

I thought this was quite a clear rule? Apologies if I've misunderstood your point though.

Back