Is there a top contender who fights boring and lacks charisma like Leon Edwards like

People would have said the same about Usman 2 years ago.

Does Leon lack charisma? Maybe a little? Is he boring? Yeah, if you're a casual fan.

Assuncao was probably the last guy

the way he split diaz open lke a ripe tomato wasn't boring to me, including how he got caught and nearly finished in he 5th
charisma? yeah he's lacking that for sure, but the fighting is ok

These fighters should start taking acting classes to improve their ability to sell a fight with charisma as part of their training camp or get a manager who can promote their fights WWE style to attract the dollars of the mainstream casuals.
I’m pretty sure that’s what they did already with Usman.

Didn’t anyone notice how Usman came out with a new “personality” all of a sudden about two months ago

Volk fits in to those categories and he’s the literal champ.
He's boring but he got a finish over Chad and defeated a champkeeper (Someone that only lose to champs/future champs) in Aldo.

Leon 3 best wins are:
A Dec over ex 155er RDA
A Dec over ex 155 er Cowboy
A DEc over ex 155 er Nate

Nate is a hard guy to finish, he has a fucking chin on him, I don’t think he should have been Leon’s coming out party the UFC wanted

Tbh Darren Till. I don't find him particularly funny or interesting as a fighter. Total boredom of a guy. Britons will still circle jerk him through.
Till is not the most interesting fighter but he has definitely got a unique personality.

Sweet Caroline ta da da

If this is a legitimate sport, charisma and fan friendly style should have nothing to do with getting title shots.

It was a competitive fight. You haven't watched it. You just know Usman beat him and assumed it was a domination because that's what Usman usually does. Not that time.
You're clearly projecting here, because the first round could've gone either way, and after that Usman dominated the rest of the fight, while Edwards only landed 36 total strikes the entire fight. 30-27 Usman

Next time make sure to watch a fight before embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Leon doesn't lack charisma necessarily, it's more that he's a nice guy that's calm and quiet, but without a character name like Wonderboy, so ppl skip over him, bc most ppl don't care about those kinds of ppl

Agree. I like his style in the octagon & watch all his fights. Always root for him, the sole exception being when he fought Nate.

Agree. I like his style in the octagon & watch all his fights. Always root for him, the sole exception being when he fought Nate.
Facts he fights super cold, I like it too, you can tell he's capable of wild shit like the others, did you see his sweeps against Nate? He gets way too much hate. And same for me although I was a little sad to watch him beat up rda

You guys hating on Leon are beyond casuals.

Facts he fights super cold, I like it too, you can tell he's capable of wild shit like the others, did you see his sweeps against Nate? He gets way too much hate. And same for me although I was a little sad to watch him beat up rda

Great description that he fights super cold. I like that cold as ice style. Toward the end of that last one he was loopy yet keeping it together by moving. Like you say his sweeps in that one were amazing. Yeah it was rough seeing rda get beat up. Nothing but respect for Edwards. I like everything about him especially the way he fights.

Rakic, last two fights have been awful.

He reminds me of the little dude that did well at 125 and then go traded to singapore

These fighters should start taking acting classes to improve their ability to sell a fight with charisma as part of their training camp or get a manager who can promote their fights WWE style to attract the dollars of the mainstream casuals.
It just makes them look lame. Colby tries and it makes him look corny. Every fighter should be their genuine self. It's really the Ufc's job to promote fighters. Dana shits on more fighters than he praises.

Back