Is there a spreadsheet anywhere to better use the WSFSB program?

Dyson350

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
No luck finding anything online so far. I feel like it would be easier to track and make gains with a spreadsheet. The program says to work up to a max set of 3 to 5 reps, not sure how to gauge what weight to start at, what increments to do, and then how much weight to add after each week.

When I did it, I used 531 template of the main lift for the max set of 3-5

How does 531 work with this program when your just shooting for a 3 to 5 rep max each week?

531 is with a 3-4 week cycle (4 if you count the deload) 1st week is 5 rep, 2nd week is 3, last week is 1. It fit well in the description for me, and I did okay with it.

Westside type programs are really something that needs a lot of objectivity in training. You are technically suppose to work up to a new RM on a particular exercise everh session. Basically you do your warmups and the jumps get small and smaller until you are ~5% below your working weight. You must be able to judge from the warmups what you think you can handle that day on the top set.

It is an interesting way to train and I really like it for athletes because it allows for bad and good days when you are conditioing and other stuff.

That said if you arent confident in your ability to do that then a modified 5/3/1 is probly simpler.

We use to do Westside a lot before, but I don't remember using much spreadsheets for tracking. We just had our lifts structured out since it wasn't percentage based. I'm sure there's some old archives online that may have spreadsheets though.

Back