Is there a single thing Stipe is better at than DC?

@Bowelforgedstool

Idk why i cant quote you.

The whole reason I joined the forum was to ask if a man of my height can be a champion heavy weight. just to get opinions. I may be 5'6 and a half but im 210 pounds. I think weight is more important than height. Idk whybI cant make threads.

Lol idiot DC fans need to rewatch their fight. DC looked like shit before landing the punch. DC is better all around, but it's a myth that he was outclassing Stipe

@Bowelforgedstool

Idk why i cant quote you.

The whole reason I joined the forum was to ask if a man of my height can be a champion heavy weight. just to get opinions. I may be 5'6 and a half but im 210 pounds. I think weight is more important than height. Idk whybI cant make threads.
Yes it is possible, but you are just fat bro

The huge difference between Stipe and Cormier is hand speed, Cormier has EPIC hand speed for a heavy guy, his hand speed is really great for HW, people don't realize how fast he is, probably because he is a short fat guy who is a world class wrestler, but yeah Cormiers hands are crazy fast, he can get off combo's very quickly, and Stipe is lumbering and his chin is straight up in the always, I see Cormier dropping him hard again, even if it goes a little longer.
DC has looked about half speed in his last two fights. He is getting older and at 260lb he is not as good a fighter he was at 235lb

Last edited:
His kicks, when he uses them. And his ranged striking to a degree.

DC has looked about half speed in his part two fights. He is getting older and is at 260lb he is not as good a fighter he was at 235lb
He is getting older for sure, but all his best performances were when he was at his most fat, all his HW fights when he was heaviest he was epic and smashed everyone, but when he was lighter at HW against Mir and Roy Nelson it was very lackluster decisions.

He is getting older for sure, but all his best performances were when he was at his most fat, all his HW fights when he was heaviest he was epic and smashed everyone, but when he was lighter at HW against Mir and Roy Nelson it was very lackluster decisions.

You could also argue he didn't look as good against those guys cause they are dangerous finishers and DC didn't really want to grapple with them.

I looked up UFC 226 predictions to see how experts felt about Stipe only one fight ago. Here are some snippets:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=ufc+226+predictions
  • Miocic has far more power on the feet....The (heavyweight) champ is a good wrestler in his own right, though, and I think he'll be able to fend off Cormier long enough or frequently enough to land a big shot and stop DC.
  • Cormier, with a reach of 72.5 inches, gives up five and seven-and-a-half inches to Miocic in each respective category. Now add in the fact that Miocic is better in pretty much the entire stand-up phase and isn't at a relatively massive disadvantage in the clinch and ground phases. Cormier won't have a big edge in the areas he's known for.
  • Miocic will have a significant size and strength advantage that can pretty much neutralize -- or overcome -- those slight technical gaps.
  • The longer the fight stays in Stipe’s range, the worse of a chance Cormier has at winning this one
  • Miocic is a precise and technical striker that also packs a good amount of power behind his strikes.
  • Cormier is not as dangerous on the feet as Miocic
  • On the feet, Miocic has the advantage, as he hits harder and I find him to be more technical.
  • Miocic presents all the same problems that Jones and Gustafsson did, then adds even more knockout power.
  • If Miocic is smart, he is going to take the Jon Jones gameplan and... keep this fight at a distance and pick apart DC with his precise boxing and kickboxing style.
Now we all know the cliche, you're only as good as you're last fight. So every one of these (and the hundreds or thousands of others) are moot after last fight. Right?

He's much better at getting things from the top shelf. Especially ones way at the back.

I really can't think of anything. Better reach but only mildly so. He is no Jon Jones, who DC still closed the gap on consistently.

Power? I say it's a wash.
Boxing? DC. Has way better defense and comparable hands.
Chin? DC by a lot.
Wrestling? DC by a lot.
Kicks? He doesn't use them often and it would leave him even more vulnerable to being wrestled.
Overall speed? Once again DC noticeably. Which is something that Stipe should be absolutely ashamed of. DC is 5'9" and 240-250 lbs. In other words DC is grossly OBESE and yet he is faster in handspeed and movement than a lean tall hw like Stipe.

I like Stipe and I'm rooting for him but don't be surprised if he gets slept again in the first.

Stipe is a skilled fighter who isn't exceptional at anything and has key vulnerabilities that hamper his well roundedness.

Stipe is the more proven KO artist.
Though DC seems to have power at HW.

Boxing ... I think DC's defense is better for sure. Not 100% sure I would say his offense is better.

Chin DC for sure

Wresting - While DC on paper is better ... its Stipe who took DC down in their fight.

Kicks - Not sure

Overall speed - DC

But you left out reach and height as well.

Stipe has better reach, height, for the short time it seemed to be good enough wrestling and better offensive striking. He was winning from what I saw until he got caught which is a fault of his defense and his chin.

I don't see what you guys are saying about Stipe winning the striking exchanges at range.

I saw DC landing the cleaner harder punches. Stipe threw more pitter patter shots because he couldn't keep up with Dc's handspeed otherwise.

But his last two fights he hasn't looked good by his standards. He looks WAY more sluggish then he did when he was younger or when he was a LHW. His age is showing and he can't carry the weight like he used to. He still probably beats everyone but Jones, but at 40 I think he would be better coming in at 240lb or so

I don't see what you guys are saying about Stipe winning the striking exchanges at range.

I saw DC landing the cleaner harder punches. Stipe threw more pitter patter shots because he couldn't keep up with Dc's handspeed otherwise.
Stipe was pretty clearly winning at range

At range his boxing is better. In the clinch, well... we saw what happened.

I've always been of the opinion that DC's prime was wasted in Strike Force. He has good wins there, but it's hard to argue that Barnett, Mir, and Bigfoot are better quality wins then Hunto, JDS, Ngannou, Werdum and Reem. Sure, Stipe dropped a decision to JDS once- but he finished him in the rematch. There's also the Struve thing, but shit happens. We can argue all day about what could have been had DC fought as a UFC HW sooner, but as it sits, Stipe simply has the better resume in terms of competition and quality wins.
Blah blah blah DC has literally never lost a round at HW in strikeforce or UFC. DC'S HW record also includes a first round KO of Stipe..

Stipe is better at everything inside the octagon except eyepokes, which is literally the only reason DC `won`.

Complaining & fighting dumb (in the clinch with a shorter dirty-boxer style).

Back