Is there a single thing Stipe is better at than DC?

I really can't think of anything. Better reach but only mildly so. He is no Jon Jones, who DC still closed the gap on consistently.

Power? I say it's a wash.
Boxing? DC. Has way better defense and comparable hands.
Chin? DC by a lot.
Wrestling? DC by a lot.
Kicks? He doesn't use them often and it would leave him even more vulnerable to being wrestled.
Overall speed? Once again DC noticeably. Which is something that Stipe should be absolutely ashamed of. DC is 5'9" and 240-250 lbs. In other words DC is grossly OBESE and yet he is faster in handspeed and movement than a lean tall hw like Stipe.

I like Stipe and I'm rooting for him but don't be surprised if he gets slept again in the first.

Stipe is a skilled fighter who isn't exceptional at anything and has key vulnerabilities that hamper his well roundedness.
Stipe is a way better firefighter.

Stipe is better at beating UFC HWs.
um no.

beating Francis is super impressive I think DC would habe a much harder time since he's known to take blows. But DC beat Lewis. I dont think theres a single heavyweight that can compete with DC. DC is at a piviotal age though.

Plus DC is in Stipes head the same way Jones was in his. Everybody and their momma said DC had to wrestle to win and he wins with a right hook in the first round.

Even if you believe DC has a boxing advantage, it certainly isn't by much to the extent Stipe winning boxing exchanges sufficient to win the striking part of the fight would be completely absurd.

Stipe is certainly good enough to outstrike DC if DC comes in flat (not fat, flat).

Not getting bitched around the octagon like a fat little brother by Bones Jones probably...

Reach.

Stipe was surprisingly doing well to start the fight by staying at range and utilizing his reach advantage. Other than that he had no advantage besides height. He ate a few of DC's shots and got too cock happy and ditched the game plan. Plus he has had a lot of fights where he has been dropped by the opponent, but DC was able to capitalize and finish him off.

I really can't think of anything. Better reach but only mildly so. He is no Jon Jones, who DC still closed the gap on consistently.

Power? I say it's a wash.
Chin? DC by a lot.
Wrestling? DC by a lot.
Kicks? He doesn't use them often and it would leave him even more vulnerable to being wrestled.
Overall speed? Once again DC noticeably. Which is something that Stipe should be absolutely ashamed of. DC is 5'9" and 240-250 lbs. In other words DC is grossly OBESE and yet he is faster in handspeed and movement than a lean tall hw like Stipe.

I like Stipe and I'm rooting for him but don't be surprised if he gets slept again in the first.

Stipe is a skilled fighter who isn't exceptional at anything and has key vulnerabilities that hamper his well roundedness.
lol..DC isn't grossly obese. Obese yes, but not grossly.

um no.

beating Francis is super impressive I think DC would habe a much harder time since he's known to take blows. But DC beat Lewis. I dont think theres a single heavyweight that can compete with DC. DC is at a piviotal age though.

Plus DC is in Stipes head the same way Jones was in his. Everybody and their momma said DC had to wrestle to win and he wins with a right hook in the first round.

I've always been of the opinion that DC's prime was wasted in Strike Force. He has good wins there, but it's hard to argue that Barnett, Mir, and Bigfoot are better quality wins then Hunto, JDS, Ngannou, Werdum and Reem. Sure, Stipe dropped a decision to JDS once- but he finished him in the rematch. There's also the Struve thing, but shit happens. We can argue all day about what could have been had DC fought as a UFC HW sooner, but as it sits, Stipe simply has the better resume in terms of competition and quality wins.

Dead eyes stare. Stipe is better at that dead eyed stare man.

Waaaay better? Really? Taking a look at UFC Stats, Miocic is listed at having the highest significant strike defense of all the current heavyweights, at 62%. Cormier by comparison is at 58%. (Stipe bests him in strike accuracy and volume, also.)

I've always been of the opinion that DC's prime was wasted in Strike Force. He has good wins there, but it's hard to argue that Barnett, Mir, and Bigfoot are better quality wins then Hunto, JDS, Ngannou, Werdum and Reem. Sure, Stipe dropped a decision to JDS once- but he finished him in the rematch. There's also the Struve thing, but shit happens. We can argue all day about what could have been had DC fought as a UFC HW sooner, but as it sits, Stipe simply has the better resume in terms of competition and quality wins.

But DC beat stipe. has like 15 heavy weight wins olymoic wrestler and two belts. and he beat stipe.

I'm not sure on primes but neither of them really best these guys in their primes but DC did beat stipe in his prime and lewis in his best so far. and he's finishing dudes. rear naked chokes anthony and derrick lewis who are monsters rocks sylva and drops stipe. also gets a decision against anderson. Dude has most his wins at heavy weight and has pretty much untoucable record.

Except well you know. stipe may have slightly more impressive names but then again DC did sleep stipe. so cant really agree with the logic. The most impressive HW DC has beaten....

Stipe.

The huge difference between Stipe and Cormier is hand speed, Cormier has EPIC hand speed for a heavy guy, his hand speed is really great for HW, people don't realize how fast he is, probably because he is a short fat guy who is a world class wrestler, but yeah Cormiers hands are crazy fast, he can get off combo's very quickly, and Stipe is lumbering and his chin is straight up in the always, I see Cormier dropping him hard again, even if it goes a little longer.

He's taller. probably hits a little harder. Dc is just here to orove that doesn't mean shit and the reason I love him(when hes not dancing with a bucket of chicken). I mean this is Martial arts the champions should be decided by something else by how big and strong people are.

I mean DC is big too. bit personally as a manlet we want some heavyweight champions that are a little shorter.
Small guy checking in. As a manlet myself, I’d tell you to run as fast as your little legs can take you from the big alphas. Everyone wants a Cinderella story, nobody wants to be a sleeping beauty. The beasts of the world will make you just that. Not everyone can be an Aladdin, but anyone can go down like Mufasa

Fhe only way for Stipe to win is to hit DC really really hard when he's not expecting it. believe it or not DC's biggest downfall is his arrogance. its like using a bears weight to pierce a spear throughbhis chest.

Even though DC is overall better im actually scared he might lose. I was much more confident with their first fight. Dzc is nuch more powerful moving foward than when he's looking back.

Back