Is there a rehydration limit for Woodley v Till?

Both fighters are allowed to shower and retain the moisture.

Till is enjoying his Coca Cola. He might come in as a HW.

No, after Ive had my tenth pint Im usually well on the way to being nicely hydrated but there is no limit.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wtf is a “rehydration limit”? When has that ever been a thing?

They're in Texas, where they don't fret 'bout nothin'...except that mary-jew-wanna.

Only in ONEFC

currently California tracks how much you rehydrate and if, by percentage, you weigh more than they want you to they reccomend you jump a weight class
This is probably what TS is thinking about right now

yes there is a limit. 2 full glasses of water and 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich between weigh in and fight time. thats why every fighter hates early weigh ins!

I believe that for the first time ever there is a rehydration limit - I may be wrong but I think it is a two shower, one coffee, three Coke maximum with fighters allowed to get one of the above mentioned allowances back for every 10 litres of urine passed. Sweating is also banned during the rehydration period with a potential 3 year ban if you are found in breach

Occasionally an AC or the UFC will go full retard when a fighter misses weight, and say that they have to weigh in at or below a certain weight the morning of the fight. It's idiotic and dangerous, especially when you consider that the AC's primary job is ensuring that fights are conducted as safely as is reasonable. First time I remember it happening is Rumble/Vitor, which is part of the reason Rumble gassed so badly. It happened again earlier this year (or at least it was suggested), but I can't remember who was involved. California will weigh fighters entering the cage, but only to see whether they should advise the fighter to move up in weight going forward, not as a restriction on the fight.

Till and Woodley both made weight, there's no reason they'd be restricted from rehydrating. If they had missed, the fight should either be cancelled altogether or go forward without restriction, just with a fine.

Rumble/Vitor:
The bout is still expected to go on as scheduled, with Belfort receiving 20% of Johnson's purse and Johnson not allowed to weigh more than 205 pounds at a second weigh-in on Saturday. (UPDATE - Johnson made weight on Saturday at 204.2 pounds - the fight is on)

http://www.ufc.com/news/Rumble-Misses-Weight-Belfort-Fight-Still-On

There have been instances of that when a fighter misses weight.
Where the fight was agreed to only if the opponent weighs x pounds on fight night.

Occasionally an AC or the UFC will go full retard when a fighter misses weight, and say that they have to weigh in at or below a certain weight the morning of the fight. It's idiotic and dangerous, especially when you consider that the AC's primary job is ensuring that fights are conducted as safely as is reasonable. First time I remember it happening is Rumble/Vitor, which is part of the reason Rumble gassed so badly. It happened again earlier this year (or at least it was suggested), but I can't remember who was involved. California will weigh fighters entering the cage, but only to see whether they should advise the fighter to move up in weight going forward, not as a restriction on the fight.

Till and Woodley both made weight, there's no reason they'd be restricted from rehydrating. If they had missed, the fight should either be cancelled altogether or go forward without restriction, just with a fine.

Rumble/Vitor:

i think what you mean is when a fighter badly misses weight and the other fighter agrees the fight can still go on if they only weigh so much the next day.

i think what you mean is when a fighter badly misses weight and the other fighter agrees the fight can still go on if they only weigh so much the next day.
Which the AC should immediately stop. Either allow them to fight without restriction, or call off the fight. Not properly rehydrating for a fight is incredibly stupid.

Rumble/Vitor:

The other was Till v Wonderboy

No rehydration limit. Fight will take place in Atlantis.

Nope, planning to see 2 LHW's fight to see who the best 170lber in the world is.

Back