Is There A Need For World Champions In MMA?

You're a goddamn liar.

Here is the exact quote from my post which you referred to: "In The UFC almost every PPV is in The USA and half the PPVs are either in Las Vegas or Los Angeles."

Easy there buddy, I was just makin funnies. Regardless of what was actually said, I'm just saying they dont do THAT many shows in Los Angeles.

Even if they did, what do I care? I live in KY where last show we got was on VS I believe and sucked ass.

Anywho..... Ur next cup should be Decaf cause u need to simmer down.

If by world champion you mean there needs to be a UFC NA, UFC SA, UFC EU, UFC Eastern EU + Russia, UFC Africa, UFC SE Asia + Australia and UFC China + Japan, then yes. The seven champions from these areas would be ranked 1-7 and would fight each other tourney style once every couple of years to determine without a doubt an absolute MMA world champion.

A man can dream, dammit.

The NFL probably has the silliest "World Champions". At least in the UFC, there are fighters from a shitload of different countries. The NFL is almost all Americans with a few Samoans sprinkled in.

Nobody outside the UFC beats a UFC champ.

Inb4 hipsters say Alvarez beats Pettis and Askren beats Hendricks

This is what people said about the WEC.

When Frankie was champ, everybody counted Bendo and Pettis out.

Guess who the LW champ is now?

Right now besides the two guys fighting each other over and over in bellator, who do you think is in the picture to fight for a ufc/world title, and missing out?

Honestly its the UFC.

Other orgs have top ten guys, but usually the best guy is the UFC champ.

Why would the UFC want to promote/legitimize their competitors?
I believe TS was trying to ask "should there be one." As in, "does anyone think that would be a good idea," rather than "should the UFC take it upon themselves to do it" or "would the UFC ever go for it."

Back