is there a minimum weight conor must be for Saturday?

Royhalibut

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Conor usually weighs in around 168 or just a bit under the 170 weight limit for welterweight. This happens often where fighters come in under the limit, but is there a rule about a minimum weight for any weight class? Can a guys weighing 155 fight at 170 if they wanted?

giphy.gif

He booked a fight at welterweight against a guy who fights at 155 and is gonna show up weighing 145 to show how big his schlong is

Yeah cause Mcgregor is gonna weigh in at 155.

Also McGregor is a “Notorious” liar.

McGregor cuts from being in the 70s to 168 to create the narrative that he was the smaller fighter.

not sure if it's 155, 156, or 157.

But that's irrelevant to this fight obviously, as Conor will come in heavier than that.

Anything from 156.0 up is welterweight. I'm not sure if you can be in a WW fight if you currently weigh in the LW range.

it think typically the commission won't let you weigh in to a lower weight class so 156 would be the typical answer. though they can make an exception like when Roy Jones Jr came in well below the cruiser weight limit of 200 for his fight with Ruiz. But Conor isn't coming in close to 155

Conor could weigh in like Rampage did against Fedor and Dana would still be like

2fdjs6.gif

Conor will come in at fucking 171 you noobs

I will bump this post on weigh-in day.

Not sure if trolling, dumb or both with the 168lbs part, but i'll play along, the minimum weight for a WW fight is 156lbs, if he somehow weighs in at lets say, 154lbs then its a catchweight fight, same goes of one fighter doesnt make weight and weighs in over the 170 limit, means going over the odd 1lb allowance on non title fights.

it think typically the commission won't let you weigh in to a lower weight class so 156 would be the typical answer. though they can make an exception like when Roy Jones Jr came in well below the cruiser weight limit of 200 for his fight with Ruiz. But Conor isn't coming in close to 155

Technically this is supposed to be the case. As long as you weigh in over the top of the next weight class below, you are eligible to fight. There have been a few cases I've seen of exceptions made, plus there are no rules about what one can wear for the weigh in. My memory tells me Hendo just did make the limit for HW for Fedor while wearing jeans and shoes, but I may be mixing it up with another fight as weigh ins usually arent something I watch and dont mean enough in most cases to be that clear in my head.

Pretty sure it's 156 but he's not going to weigh 156lbs unless he's cutting weight like an idiot to make himself seem smaller lol

Technically this is supposed to be the case. As long as you weigh in over the top of the next weight class below, you are eligible to fight. There have been a few cases I've seen of exceptions made, plus there are no rules about what one can wear for the weigh in. My memory tells me Hendo just did make the limit for HW for Fedor while wearing jeans and shoes, but I may be mixing it up with another fight as weigh ins usually arent something I watch and dont mean enough in most cases to be that clear in my head.

You're correct about Hendo. He had to get up to 206. He said drinking a ton of water and wearing his clothes to the weigh in was the only way he could get that high.

McGregor cuts from being in the 70s to 168 to create the narrative that he was the smaller fighter.

You might actually be Eddie Bravo lol

So long as he weighs between 156 or above then he is on weight for a Welterweight bout. I sincerely doubt he’ll be that low though.

Conor will come in at fucking 171 you noobs

I will bump this post on weigh-in day.

Conor weighed in at 168 for UFC 196 and Nate at 169. Conor weighed in at 168 again at UFC 202.

So feel free to bump when he doesn't weigh in at 171, you newb.

Back