Is there a fighters database dedicated to Kickboxers?

caged_mma

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone:

Please forgive me if I'm being dense, or if this is a really simple question, but is there a searchable database for kickboxers like Sherdog has for MMA fighters?

I was doing research for a fight card coming up, and couldn't find anything at all.

The real answer is no.

In Thailand (written in Thai) there are some records for Muay Thai.
In UK, a lot of records are hear-say and made up, plus too many different "governing bodies". ISKA. WBA. BCKA. BKKA. BKC. WAKO. WKA. ICO. UKO. And they are just ones I thought of from memory in UK. Slightly different rules, variation, lack of general record keeping. It's a mish mash of random shit.

I imagine KB record keeping now, is similar to keeping recipe books at the turn of the millenium.

*Edit. I mean shortly in to A.D, not 2000

Last edited:
No. Its the biggest problem with kickboxing. Although most of the champions have their records on wiki.

I have found this frustrating as well. MMA has sherdog/tapology, Boxing has Boxrec, Kickboxing has none.

I have found this frustrating as well. MMA has sherdog/tapology, Boxing has Boxrec, Kickboxing has none.
I am sure it's not 100%, but Wikipedia seems to be pretty complete for rmost kickboxers who have fought for the major promotions.

For Thai and Kickboxing it is incredibly easy to fabricate your record because of a complete lack of database, sometimes guys who have had no notable fights (and questionably any fights at all) who just happen to look the part have had title fights and gotten completely pumped because they lied about having 75 fights and 6 losses.

31-0 Maurice Jackson on Glory, Superkombat and FFC yo.

For Thai and Kickboxing it is incredibly easy to fabricate your record because of a complete lack of database, sometimes guys who have had no notable fights (and questionably any fights at all) who just happen to look the part have had title fights and gotten completely pumped because they lied about having 75 fights and 6 losses.
Lkle who?

Someone build one.

Yes, but a database like Boxrec where all the promotions to agree to send the data to the center. Wikipedia isn"t even updated everytime, and not all the fighters got pages. And there are some good fighters that have none, some even meeting the criterias.

Bumping this up incase any random search traffic for db things as well...

Honestly, the only way right now is to look at the specific promotions themselves. Glory has their fighter stats on its website.

Back