Is there a dumber name than Team Alpha Male?

Yeah, they themselves don't like the name anymore either.

This. TS sounds like he mad at somebody on their team if you think it's worse than Blackzillians.

LOL. I dont know anybody on Team Alpha Male and if I did why would I think coming on Sherdog to slam their name would do any good. Why does it always have to devolve into 'you mad bro.'

I think Blackzilians is a tremendously stupid name, but the thing is, it doesn't mean anything. Its not real word. You could wear a blackzilian shirt and people might think its a food or something. But either way, I stick by my choice.

Blackzillians is the worst camp name.

I would feel like such a dork if I wasn't Black or Brazilian and I trained there.

Let's make Team Caublasian (caucasian, black, asian) to get better race coverage.

It explains their camp and training style. Its really a good name, look at the fighters coming out of that camp and tell me its not fitting for how they fight. Urijah Faber, Chad Mendes, Joseph Benavidez

Team Alpha Male is by far the best team name in MMA today, based solely on the name and not the results. I've never heard someone who didn't think it was awesome.

What kinds of team names do you like?

AKA? Boooooring!
American Top Team? Real original guys.
Jackson-Winklejohn MMA? Way to use your imagination.
Xtreme Couture? Isn't that a piece of home exercise equipment?
Tristar? ...huh? Sorry, I was distracted by the all the cliche.

My favorite team names show an ounce of creativity and pound of badassery. Alpha Male, Hit Squad, Twisted Genetics, Black House, etc.

"Alpha Male" makes me think of the head of a pack of wolves or troop of gorillas, since that's where the term 'alpha male' comes from. I don't even think of a human being, I think of a animalistic predator so ferocious it bosses other predators around.

5sNy2E3WEu2l.jpg

I always thought Red Devil was corny as shit and AKA is stupid considering what it stands for and what their best fighters are known for.

Its only dumb because they are all so...
OompaLoompas1971.jpg

Tiny lol.

Usually Alphas are much bigger when it comes to the animal kingdom.

Last edited:
First answer nailed it. Blackzilians is a way worse name than Alpha Male.

Team Alpha Male = full of midgets
Blackzillians = full of thugs

Its a cringeworthy name but they have 3 of the best fighters in the world so who cares

"Alpha Male" makes me think of the head of a pack of wolves or troop of gorillas, since that's where the term 'alpha male' comes from. I don't even think of a human being, I think of a animalistic predator so ferocious it bosses other predators around.
What about lemurs?

Back