Is thee anything the fans...

Haliacmon

WRECKING EVERYTHING
@Black
Reaction score
can do about bad judging? I mean, something that can really stop all this crap that sometimes looks thats going to kill the sport and turn it into boxing?
we pay to watch, and if a fighter wins so clear, why must we accept what 3 idiots decide? I

you do what sherdoggers always do in those situations.,. blame the fighter and bash him as a point fighter who is always gifted decisions al a Benson Henderson

Tell Dana to ask for 5 or 7 judges per fight.

Or just 3 that know what the fuck they're doing.

It's clear that's not going to happen. With more judges you increase your sample size and make it more apparent when there are 4-1 or 6-1, 5-2 decisions who the idiots really are. Of course some fights will be close enough to be 2-3 or 3-4, just look at MMAdecisions with the press judging, and that's okay.

A long as the human element is involved in assigning points, ratings, scores and ultimately determining who wins it will be flawed. Forever judging has been a problem in boxing. Judging in so many of the various winter and summer Olympic events receive criticism. No matter how well trained and professional a judge is supposed to be it still boils down to what they saw and how they score it. Don't even get into the element of personal bias, corruption, and just being flat out bad at their job.

About all you can do is bombard the athletic commission with emails demanding greater training for judges on proper protocols, as well as greater accountability for the judges.

But it won't work. The AC's are enormous bureaucracies with practically no oversight.

what about only one judge?
Then you could end up with the one who gave it to Diego. More times than not the majority should get it right. We have seen though that even then it doesn't work.

Make the lone judge Randy.. I trust Randy!

randy-stomach-hits-lady-in-face-on-bus.gif

Randy for lone judge, make it happen Dana!

What we need are judges who are trained solely to officiate MMA and have a passion and a true understanding of it instead of judges who have a background in boxing and do not understand the many intricate facets that make up an MMA event.

and if that only judge is a guy like Matt Hume or Big Dog Almeida?
yeah, I

I quit sports betting shortly after the Thompson v Benson decision.
I would have had easily over $1000 on Pearson as I was extremely confident he would whoop Diego's ass. Thank God I stopped betting, I wouldn't have been able to handle that one.

yeah, and how does that affect the fighter

no

but i stopped paying for PPV's because of bad reffing and the UFC not doing anything about it

herb dean stopping fights like faber vs barao 2 when the guy isnt even hurt. i paid 60$ to see the fight and i didnt get to see all of it. thats like a movie projector stopped working 15 minutes into a movie and not getting a refund

then shortly after, rousey vs mcmann happened...........

no

but i stopped paying for PPV's because of bad reffing and the UFC not doing anything about it

herb dean stopping fights like faber vs barao 2 when the guy isnt even hurt. i paid 60$ to see the fight and i didnt get to see all of it. thats like a movie projector stopped working 15 minutes into a movie and not getting a refund

then shortly after, rousey vs mcmann happened...........
For the 8,000,000th time, the UFC has no control over the ACs and refs.

I know people around here think Dana is the lord of MMA and can do anything, but he is not. He can make suggestions, but has no power. He is a promoter. The only thing he can do is not run shows in areas with terrible commissions. And it is not like they were running shows in New Mexico before and knew what they were dealing with. Ugh.

It's clear that's not going to happen. With more judges you increase your sample size and make it more apparent when there are 4-1 or 6-1, 5-2 decisions who the idiots really are. Of course some fights will be close enough to be 2-3 or 3-4, just look at MMAdecisions with the press judging, and that's okay.

IDK how many judges have been involved in these "robberies". Is it the same one or more. What if say 4 of them judge the same fight?
Just being extreme. i like your idea, tho.

Back