Is the winner of Woodley-Till the #1 WW in your eyes?

Yes, due to Woodley’s resume as of late, but I’m still waiting for someone to get a decisive win over WB to really cement themselves

imho nobody is king of the hill atm, but I do think Woodley is great ww

Whoever wins will obviously be the current best WW. GSP will always be the GOAT.

And still...

B6JpIktU_400x400.jpg

The Ronin
2070ca9869.jpg

carlos-condit-falls-to-the-floor-after-injuring-his-knee-against-tyron-woodley-139466303886602601-140316175609.jpg

EXT-UFC-1.jpg

woodley-wonderboy-ufc-209-1.jpg

11707650_927861163923394_1792836345507901628_n.jpg

oie_FeLcFhzbCrem.jpg

You were saying?

I was saying that Rory is better than Woodley because he beat him decisively when they fought.... Your MMAth doesn't really alter that fact at all

Watch this:

Marquardt KOs Woodley
tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

Saffiedine UDs Marquardt
11_marquardt_saffiedine_19.png

Rory KOs Saffiedine
20141004105713_aaaa.JPG

Therefore Rory > Woodley... you see how easy and pointless this shit is?

Last edited:
Woodley is better than Rory, but Rory would probably beat Woodley in a rematch.

Woodley's style gives him the edge over most top fighters that Rory struggles with, but Rory's style is great for the man himself.

he lost to both guys.
Not arguably even IMHO.

so no. Stephen could even be the best guy, but he's gun shy and did shit nothing on those fights.

Woodley is the champ. Till the clear #1 contender. (in the UFC, of course).
Overall MMA, Rory is it.

Well now you are being completely disingenuous.

Yes, he officially lost to both. But take a look at how the public scored it. Most of media scored it for Wonderboy. To say "not arguably" is a joke.

Reasonable arguments can be made for either Woodley or Wonderboy being the best WW. However, I'd say that Woodley has the strongest case. Regardless of how you scored their two fights, they were far too close to be considered robberies. And under any objective analysis, Woodley inflicted much more damage on Wonderboy.

Till isn't even in the discussion. I was rooting for him against Wonderboy, but almost everyone agrees he lost that fight. And he wasn't even a WW.

Well now you are being completely disingenuous.

Yes, he officially lost to both. But take a look at how the public scored it. Most of media scored it for Wonderboy. To say "not arguably" is a joke.
nah. You are clinging on a few people who are as blind as you to support your theory he won all 3 fights.
That's a huge stretch by any means.

I think he 10000% sure lost to Woodley. Both fights.
he had his moments with Till, but I also think he clearly lost.

Yes, he is good enough that he was right there, but not quite over the hump.
And that is simply because he is ALWAYS too gun-shy.

WW as a whole has felt pretty underwhelming since Lawler lost tbh.

nah. You are clinging on a few people who are as blind as you to support your theory he won all 3 fights.

How can you be '10000% sure' when not even the Judges themselves were sure? Two of them scored it a draw the first fight and the second fight was a split decision.

That's the problem with these debates, too many people are too quick to throw out baseless hyperbole and say things that they probably don't even really mean, if you sat down and had a personal conversation with them.

Honest question here and I'm sure I will get flamed, but does anyone here consider Wonderboy to be the #1 WW? I hate when everyone cries robbery in a close fight, but I thought the Till fight was a poor decision, I don't see how Till won 3 rounds let alone 4. I thought the first fight against Woodley was a Draw but the rematch I scored 48-47 Wonderboy. Technically he only has 1 win in his last 4 fights, so of course he won't be ranked #1 or #2, but he has a case to me. I think he should get the winner of this fight.

Thoughts?

Till clearly won the fight. Not a debate in my opinion, although it was close. If you want to debate whether he lost to Tyron, or not I definitely think that is fair. I thought he won the first fight, but certainly the second fight. Still Darren would've have beaten both, so he is definitely the true #1 if he wins, but then again he is a MW so it's not accurate.

All I know is that both Woodley and Wonderboy are well above Rory.

People assume like Rory vs. Tyron is the only MMA fight that has ever happened in last 10 years...

The fuck is this supposed to mean?

Who's your number 1? Rory?

You ignoring the fact that he faired a lot fucking worse against Lawler and Wonderboy than Woodley did? Or the fact that he barely squeaked by Lima by using TDs and pressing Lima against the cage while doing no real damage.

Everybody loses at the top level of this sport at some point.

By this logic, there's no clear number 1 in any division at present.

My theory? I never said he won all 3. I said I thought he beat Till, Drew with Woodley the first time, and beat Woodley the second time. But I can see how Woodley 2 was a Draw.

Till - http://mmadecisions.com/decision/9085/fight (Media: 22 Thompson/3 Till) (Fans: 66% Thompson, 23% Till)
Woodley I - http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7464/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson (Media: 8 Draw/6 Thompson/5 Woodley) (Fans: 55% Draw, 20% Thompson, 20% Woodley)
Woodley 2 - http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7832/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson (Media:12 Draw/8 Woodley/2 Thomspon) (Fans: 58% Thompson, 32% Woodley)

Last edited:
No. Usman and CoCo soulful be part of a four way tourney, and that is the way to find the best in the UFC. Also, the Wonderboy loss to Till was sketchy AF, plus many thought he beat Trayvon Woodley, so it's really not black and white.

I don't see Kamaru being a betting underdog against anyone lets put it that way. even at 30%

The fuck is this supposed to mean?

Who's your number 1? Rory?

You ignoring the fact that he faired a lot fucking worse against Lawler and Wonderboy than Woodley did? Or the fact that he barely squeaked by Lima by using TDs and pressing Lima against the cage while doing no real damage.

Everybody loses at the top level of this sport at some point.

By this logic, there's no clear number 1 in any division at present.

Please see above for MMAth refutation proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rory > Woodley

In all seriousness... here are the blemishes on their records:

Rory lost decisions to Lawler and Wonderboy, and got KOed by Lawler. He got KOed by Condit a while ago.

Woodley got KOed by Marquardt a while back, lost a decision to Shields, beat Condit by forfeit because of injury, drew Wonderboy once and lost a decision to Rory

Those resumes sound pretty close to me, so obviously I'm going to give the tiebreaker to the guy who won decisively when they fought.

Last edited:
Tyron has 3 successful title defenses...
You have to beat the champ to be the champ...
keac7ags2zc11.gif

Until that happens... he's the best...
giphy.gif

The highlight of Woodley's entire career. And pretty much his only real UFC highlight.

3 of the worst title defences in recent history.

Ducking legit contenders to get a fight with Nate diaz... (we freaked at Bisping for pulling this and yet Woodley flies under the radar). When the fight fell through, suddenly he needed surgery.

Considered by the Sherdog "illuminati" to be a KO machine despite only having 6 finishes in 18 fights.

One of the lowest drawing UFC champs, almost in that rarified Mighty Mouse air.

While I am not really a Till fan, I'd be thrilled if he pulled a Marquart and knocked Woodley senseless. Perhaps we would finally have a belt holder that would be willing to fight.

Back