Is the winner of Woodley-Till the #1 WW in your eyes?

Askren is untested against elite competition.

I would say:

1. Rory
2. Woodley
3. Askren
4. Till
5. Thompson
Also if we're counting GSP then it's a no-brainer.
I said askren in jest, he struggled with a washed up Herion that was steam rolled in his prime by a young inexperienced GSP, that wasn’t good enough for the UFC.

That’s all we need to know about how askren would fair in the UFC WW division.

I’ve got Rory on top, but the rest is a weird mash up of who could win on what day vs who with stylistically different scenarios.

No one is going out there and killing it right now.

Woodley looked like dogshit vs Maia.

Gsp is done with WW, and will forever be the WW goat, but since he has no desire to fight WW anymore being bored with that division I’m not putting him in the WW standings mix.

And still...

B6JpIktU_400x400.jpg

The Ronin
Im still salty about that bullshit Hughes call.

If one of them wins decisively, then yes I do. Otherwise, the 3 of them are about level at the top of the division, with Rory MacDonald not far behind. And Covington and Usman have an argument too. Lots of good fights need to happen...

I consider Woodley #1 yes. Rory, Till, Wonderboy, Colby all basically even in the next tier.

Bruh people are saying MVP here.

Im still salty about that bullshit Hughes call.

I don't think a single thing has happened in the UFC since then that can replace my saltiness over that. You can't wake someone up to give them another guy's belt. Big John was always a fuckin bum.

He also let Ian Freeman kick Frank Mir in the face on the ground(to escape a leg lock) after it was made illegal, which stopped Mir from becoming the undefeated HW Champion. Still salty about that too.

I don't think a single thing has happened in the UFC since then that can replace my saltiness over that. You can't wake someone up to give them another guy's belt. Big John was always a fuckin bum.

He also let Ian Freeman kick Frank Mir in the face on the ground(to escape a leg lock) after it was made illegal, which stopped Mir from becoming the undefeated HW Champion. Still salty about that too.
<{monica}>

Wonderboy has done nothing to convince me he can beat Woodley. He fought the same tentative fight against Till, never turning up the aggression. The only reason those fights were close was because Woodley never committed to his wrestling.

"The only thing more absurd than that was the night they woke Matt Hughes up and informed him that he was the world champion"

So Rory has to beat a 185’er to be consider d the best WW?

And EVERYONE KNOWS it’s Askren, Duh

He doesn't have to because he already is one of the best WW's, has win over Woodley etc, but a win over a top MW could really cement how good he is.

People posting Woodley's losses...he's a much better fighter now and is #1. His fight IQ has gone way up and he executes his gameplan.

Honest question here and I'm sure I will get flamed, but does anyone here consider Wonderboy to be the #1 WW? I hate when everyone cries robbery in a close fight, but I thought the Till fight was a poor decision, I don't see how Till won 3 rounds let alone 4. I thought the first fight against Woodley was a Draw but the rematch I scored 48-47 Wonderboy. Technically he only has 1 win in his last 4 fights, so of course he won't be ranked #1 or #2, but he has a case to me. I think he should get the winner of this fight.

Thoughts?
he lost to both guys.
Not arguably even IMHO.

so no. Stephen could even be the best guy, but he's gun shy and did shit nothing on those fights.

Woodley is the champ. Till the clear #1 contender. (in the UFC, of course).
Overall MMA, Rory is it.

2070ca9869.jpg

carlos-condit-falls-to-the-floor-after-injuring-his-knee-against-tyron-woodley-139466303886602601-140316175609.jpg

EXT-UFC-1.jpg

woodley-wonderboy-ufc-209-1.jpg

11707650_927861163923394_1792836345507901628_n.jpg

oie_FeLcFhzbCrem.jpg

You were saying?

Rory was green when he fought Condit, and Robbie was broken down by both Condit and Rory before the Woodley fight, this is all mma math anyways.

Rory has a legit win over Woodley, that's his point.

Back