Is the UFC Waiting On McGregor-Diaz to Announce the Next Lightweight Title Fight?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
A lot of people interpret Dos Anjos-Ferguson as the sign that Khabib is fighting for the title. That might be true. However, you have to think the UFC is probably waiting on Nate-Conor to be over to see how that plays out.

I know Conor has talked a lot about defending at 145, but if he starches Nate, I doubt he goes down to featherweight. He probably talks himself into a lightweight TS. Do you agree?

Yep I think so. I think they will wait to see what happens at 202 before making their decision.

Not really

Because Nate could sit out and fight the winner

I don't think they are in a rush to give the winner of Ferguson/RDA a shot

Conor has to fight Aldo next unless Aldo is injured and they feel like they can make the Eddie fight but Lorenzo is gone so I don't think that will happen

[

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-4_15-24-56.png
    upload_2016-8-4_15-24-56.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 2
I also assume that they're waiting for 202. If Conor wins, it seems almost certain that he'll get the title shot. The only reason the UFC is doing this rematch is to gain back Conor's credibility, which will put him back in position to be a 2 division champion. The interesting question to me is whether they'll give Nate a 155 title shot if he wins again.

The whole situation is absurd.

Yeah, let's make a 170lb. fight between two guys that aren't welterweights so we can determine the next lightweight contender! Dat UFC logic tho.

Yes because they can't set the date until they know how much punishment conor takes at 202

Win or lose I think Nate is getting the next shot at 155 and Conor is fighting Aldo.

Yeah, let's make a 170lb. fight between two guys that aren't welterweights so we can determine the next lightweight contender! Dat UFC logic tho.

I don't agree with it, but if money is your objective, the logic is certainly there. Beating Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor twice in a row is enough to justify a title fight at LW. There's more money in both of those fights than what they would otherwise go with.

Imagine if Conor beats Nates and then Aldo...Then Nate beats Alverez for the 155 title...FW champ vs LW champ for the tie breaking trilogy fight

get-money.gif

If Fergy murks RDA

Then wat do?

If Nate wins you could give him the title shot. Conor needs to defend his belt regardless of the outcome.

If Nate wins you could give him the title shot. Conor needs to defend his belt regardless of the outcome.
In a perfect world, yes. Not one where Dan Henderson is fighting for a title off of one win and the welterweight champ is refusing to fight the number one contender on a 7 fight win streak to call out guys who no longer fight.

If Conor beats Nate, I doubt he goes to 145. He will get away with it by saying he already starched Aldo and wants Eddie.

I also assume that they're waiting for 202. If Conor wins, it seems almost certain that he'll get the title shot. The only reason the UFC is doing this rematch is to gain back Conor's credibility, which will put him back in position to be a 2 division champion. The interesting question to me is whether they'll give Nate a 155 title shot if he wins again.

The whole situation is absurd.
I don't know if Nate takes it. To be honest, Nate kinda leveled up in the numbers game. I expect him to cherry pick another few money fights and retire.

If McGregor starches Nate in 3 seconds and gets the next LW title shot, without being stripped of his 145 belt first, i will quit watching UFC

Win or lose I think Nate is getting the next shot at 155 and Conor is fighting Aldo.

I agree with you on almost everything, Nate winning probably gives him a title shot, as he already talked some trash about Eddie when he fought Giblert in Mexico city, and fight would sell well, losing he might get the looser of RDA vs Ferguson, or Eddie vs Khabib looser, not a title shot imo.

Back